Ed. by Ruiz, Héctor
Topical Issue on Bioethanol Production from First, Second and Third Generation
Héctor A. Ruiz
Mette Hedegaard Thomsen
Biofuels continue to be offered as a feasible solution for complex problems ranging from global warming and national energy security to local economic development. Bioethanol provides updated essential scientific information to the international research community and bioethanol industry.
The primary mission of the journal is to promote and disseminate the knowledge to the international bioethanol research communities in both academia and industry. The journal serves as the central international peer-reviewed electronic publication hub for bioethanol research.
Bioethanol mainly serves to microbiologists, biochemists, biotechnologists, plant geneticist, researchers in agricultural and environmental sciences, ecologists, forest scientists, bioethanol industrialists, and renewable energy policy makers.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- Bioethanol is the first open-access journal dedicated exclusively to bioethanol production process and strategies to detect and control microbial contaminants in bioethanol fermentation.
- Bioethanol promotes and disseminates the knowledge to the international bioethanol research communities in both academia and industry. The journal serves as the central international peer-reviewed electronic publication hub for bioethanol research.
- Reports all the latest cutting edge research documenting the development of bioethanol production.
- Bioethanol publishes high quality peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Bioethanol is an open-access journal granting unrestricted wide readership and extending the reach of research beyond its immediate academic circle.
- It provides transparent, comprehensive and fast peer-review process.
- No page charges.
- The journal publishes on a continuous basis guaranteeing a rapid publication of accepted manuscripts.
- Bioethanol accommodates different styles and formats, and welcomes research articles, short communications, methods articles, letters to the editor, mini-reviews and review articles.
- Dynamic forum for the fast growing international research community, enabling interactions between scientists.
- Bioethanol serves as a central hub to rapidly publish and share the knowledge and current advancement in the bioethanol research.
- Type of Publication:
Students and researchers at various stages of academic career, especially microbiologists, biochemists, biotechnologists, plant geneticist, researchers in agricultural and environmental sciences, ecologists, forest scientists, and also bioethanol industrialists, and renewable energy policy makers.
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Last updated on 22 January 2014
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/bioeth/. In case of problems, please contact the Journal Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors are suggested to follow Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Bioethanol is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Baidu Scholar
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polymer Library
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Héctor A. Ruiz, Autonomous University of Coahuila, Saltillo-Coahuila, Mexico
Mette Hedegaard Thomsen, Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Editorial Advisory Board
Mario Aguedo, University of Liège, Belgium
Carlos Ariel Cardona Alzate, Universidad Nacional de Colombia Sede Manizales, Colombia
Valdeir Arantes, University of São Paulo, Brazil
Mercedes Ballesteros, CIEMAT, Spain
Zsolt Barta, Budapest University of Technology, Hungary
Eulogio Castro Galiano, University of Jaen, Spain
Luciane Maria Colla, University of Passo Fundo, Brazil
Iwona Cybulska, Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, United Arab Emirates
Lucília Domingues, University of Minho, Portugal
Giuliano Dragone, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Mats Galbe, Lund University, Sweden
Chen Hongzhang, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Henning Jørgensen, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Zsófia Kádár, Section for Sustainable Biotechnology, Aalborg University Copenage, Denmark
Martin Keller, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN, USA
Boem Soo Kim, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea
Rajeev Kumar, Center for Environmental Research and Technology (CE-CERT), Bourns College of Engineering, University of California, USA
Sachin Kumar, Sardar Swaran Singh National Bio-Energy, Kapurthala, India
Yin Li, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Siqing Liu, Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington DC, USA
Rafal Lukasik, National Laboratory of Energy and Geology, Portugal
Tina Lütke-Eversloh, Rostock University, Germany
Ronald Madl, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, USA
James D. (Jim) McMillan, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), USA
George Jackson de Moraes Rocha, CTBE – Laboratório Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia do Bioetanol, Brazil
Ismael Nieves, University of Florida, USA
Leandro Cristante de Oliveira, Instituto de Biociencias, Letras e Ciencias Exatas - IBILCE, Universidade Estadual Paulista "Júlio de Mesquita Filho" - UNESP, Brasil
Luis Pereira Ramos, Federal University of Paraná, Brazil
Arthur Ragauskas, University of Tennessee, USA
Aloia Romaní, University of Minho, Portugal
Cristiane Sanchez Farinas, Embrapa, Brasil
Arturo Sánchez, Centro de Investigacion y Estudios Avanzados, Mexico
Seema Singh, Joint BioEnergy Institute/Sandia National Laboratories, USA
Reeta Singhania, Center for Advanced Bioenergy Research, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd R&D, India
Leonardo Sousa, Michigan State University, USA
Rajeev K. Sukumaran, CSIR- National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, India
Run-Cang Sun, Beijing Forestry University, China
Meisam Tabatabaei, Agricultural Biotechnology Research Institute of Iran, Iran
Mohammad J. Taherzadeh, University of Borås, Sweden
Elia Tomás-Pejó, Unit of Biotechnological Processes, IMDEA Energy Institute, Spain
Shuntaro Tsubaki, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
Gil Garrote Velasco, University of Vigo,Spain
Graeme Walker, Abertay University, Scotland
Lin Wei, South Dakota State University, Bookings, SD, USA
Juergen Wiegel, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Bin Yang, Washington State University, USA
Suk Hoo Yoon, Korea Food Research Institute, Korea Republic
Fabiano Avelino Gonçalves, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Brazil
Doerte Lehmann, Ph.D., Loyola University Medical Center, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Maywood, IL, USA
Carla Portela, Brazilian Bioethanol Science and Technology Laboratory, Campinas-SP, Brazil
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Héctor A. Ruiz