Biocatalysis became media partner for BIT's Annual Symposium of Enzyme and Biocatalysis
Biocatalysis is a high quality journal designed to have impact on the scientific, academic and industrial sectors. Researchers, working in the field of biochemical catalysis for environmental, health and energy applications can share here results of their work. New approaches such as genomics, proteomics and molecular engineering are welcome as well. The journal includes frontier research tools such as computational chemistry and bionanotechnology. Biocatalysis aims to be the main option to publish relevant scientific and technological findings in all subjects on biochemical transformations.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Readers of Biocatalysis can enjoy free access to the novelties and innovations in the field of biochemically catalyzed reactions.
- Academics can find here information about enzyme molecules, biotransformations, and metabolic pathways and will have access to the new and innovative research approaches and tools in the field.
- It is a source of information to change or improve enzymatic transformation processes for industrial scientists.
- Medical researchers can find in Biocatalysis the new discoveries in the enzymatic metabolism, the enzyme regulation, and genomics and proteomics focused in enzymes.
No publication charge for articles published in the first two volumes.
Biocatalysis is a specialized journal focused on biochemical catalysis; including: natural, evolved, mutated and chemically-modified enzymes, catalytic antibodies, biomimetic catalytic molecules, and their transformation mechanisms, in both, in vitro, in vivo and in silico reactions.
Publications on emerging field such as bionanotechnology, computational chemistry focused in enzymatic reactions, biosensors and enzymatic fuel cells, green chemistry, biocatalytic processes for biofuels and pharmaceuticals, emerging biomaterials, new approaches in genomics, proteomics and molecular engineering, new biocatalytic activities, and biocatalysis in non-conventional and extreme media are included.
This journal is international with a fast, rigorous and comprehensive peer-review. It is a strong commitment of the Editor and the prominent Advisory Board to attract the authors by the growing reputation of this new journal.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/biocatalysis. In case of problems, please contact the Editorial Office of this journal at email@example.com.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium,
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal,
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience,
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper,
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles,
- Communications and Rapid Communications*,
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews,
- Vision papers,
- Letter to the editor.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below),
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format,
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by),
- full title of article and short title,
- full list of authors with affiliations,
- e-mail of the corresponding author,
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author,
- number of attached files, if there is more than one,
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted).
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Biocatalysis is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Rafael Vazquez-Duhalt, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico
Guillermo R. Castro, National University of La Plata, Argentina
Eduardo García-Junceda, Instituto de Química Orgánica General, CSIC, Spain
David Gonzalez, Universidad de la República, Uruguay
Jean-Luc Jestin, France
Enzo Laurenti, Università di Torino, Italy
Andrea Salis, University of Cagliari, Italy
Editorial Advisory Board
Spiros Agathos, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
Miguel Alcalde, Institute of Catalysis and Petrochemistry (CSIC), Spain
Riccardo Basosi, Universita di Siena, Italy
Patrick C. Cirino, University of Houston, USA
Richard A. Gross, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), USA
Evgeny Katz, Clarkson University, USA
Stefan Lutz, Emory University, USA
Tomoko Matsuda, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
Burckhard Seelig, University of Minnesota, USA
Rein V. Ulijn, City University of New York, USA
Huimin Zhao, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15