"Cancer Vaccines" is closed for submissions effective March 9, 2016. All authors are therefore invited to submit manuscripts at http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/med
Cancer Vaccines is an open access journal devoted to publishing studies involving cancer immunotherapy and related prophylactic and therapeutic cancer vaccine approachs.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Cancer Vaccines provides a high-profile forum for showcasing outstanding and high quality advances in immune-based treatment and prevention of cancer, whether theoretical, technical, preclinical animal studies or clinical studies.
The journal publishes research articles and reviews covering all aspects of treating cancer with immune-based approaches and the mechanistic understanding of how such interventions are interacting with the tumor and the host innate and adaptive immune system.
The journal is an international forum for the dissemination of information and for encouraging the exchange of ideas on cancer vaccines and tumor immunotherapy in order to help researchers develop collaborations and improve immune-based cancer therapy.
Cancer Vaccines is published in the Open Access model, which allows free access to its content for target audiences. Our outstanding scientists in the Editorial Advisory Board, Editors and contributing Authors ensure high quality in the review and presentation of material published in Cancer Vaccines.
Cancer Vaccines is a new journal devoted to all aspects of the expanding and increasingly successful efforts to treat and prevent cancer using immune-based approaches. The journal offers fast, high quality and comprehensive peer-review by outstanding scientists in this increasingly important area of cancer therapy. Our peer-review process is streamlined and papers are published exclusively online so once accepted and formatted are immediately published without waiting for a specific journal to be compiled. Most importantly the format is open access and online so your publication is rapidly accessible to any interested person anywhere. The journal also offers free language editing.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via email to the Journal Editor at email@example.com
Authors are suggested to follow Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Cancer Vaccines is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Steven Fiering, PhD, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, USA
Keith Knutson PhD, Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute of Florida, USA
Editorial Advisory Board
Lenore A Herzenberg Stanford University, USA
Jose Conejo-Garcia MD, Wistar Institute, USA
Peter P Lee MD, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, USA
Daniel Douek, MD, Vaccine Research Center, USA
Herbert Kim Lyerly, Duke University, USA
Mario Roederer, National Insitutes of Health, USA
Elizabeth Repasky, Roswell Park Cancer Center, USA
Constantin Baxevanis, Saint Savas Cancer Hospital, Greece
Rolf Kiessling, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Sweden
Jianzhu Chen, Stanford University, USA
Lavakumar Karyampudi, Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute of Florida, USA
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Steven Fiering, PhD