Cell death in therapy
Ed. by Banerjee, Debabrata
1 Issue per year
Cell death is recognized to be the central focus of almost all diseases and of therapeutic strategies designed to combat the particular disease. The journal Cell Death in Therapy sets out to provide a platform for the international research community of scientists and physicians and offers an opportunity to share laboratory and clinical findings of experimental therapeutics. We encourage both novel therapeutic strategies, designed to either induce or overcome cell death, as well as novel understandings of why older therapeutic approaches failed or succeeded. New ideas will be shared in real time with a rapid turnaround from submission to publication in an open access format.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Cell Death in Therapy provides an opportunity for presenting outstanding and up-to-date advances in experimental therapeutics, including theoretical, technical and preclinical animal studies, as well as clinical studies for proliferative, infectious or degenerative diseases. In proliferative and infectious diseases, the desired therapeutic goal is cell death, while in degenerative diseases cell death is the problem that requires therapeutic intervention.
The journal publishes research articles and reviews on all aspects of diseases and therapy with a particular emphasis on the mechanistic understanding of the basis of cell death, whether resulting from therapeutic intervention or as part of the disease process.
The journal is an international forum for the dissemination of information and for encouraging the exchange of ideas on cell death. It is envisioned as a platform for the development of novel ideas and therapeutic approaches.
Cell Death in Therapy is published in the Open Access model, which allows free access to its content for target audiences. Our outstanding scientists in the Editorial Advisory Board, Editors and contributing Authors ensure high quality of the review and presentation of the material published in CDT.
Cell Death in Therapy is a new journal devoted to all aspects of therapy of human diseases, whether proliferative or degenerative, with special emphasis on the molecular mechanisms of cell death. The journal offers fast, high quality and comprehensive peer-review by outstanding scientists in this increasingly important area of research. Our peer-review process is streamlined and papers are published exclusively online, so once accepted and formatted, they are published immediately without waiting for a specific issue to be compiled. Most importantly, it is published in an open access and online format, so your publication is rapidly accessible to any interested reader worldwide. The journal also offers free language editing.
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Researchers in the field of medicine and phisicians.
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via email to the Journal Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors are suggested to follow Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Cell death in therapy is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Debabrata Banerjee, Rutgers University, USA
Brij B. Patel, Medical Decision Point, USA
Editorial Advidosy Board
John Glod, National Cancer Institute, USA
Joseph Bertino, Rutgers Cancer Institute, USA
Pranela Rameshwar, Rutgers Medical School, USA
Enrico Mini, University of Florence, Italy
Wojciech Rode, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Poland
Jose Jimeno, Pangaea Biotech S.L, Spain
Purvish Parikh, Indian Cancer Society, India
Raj K. Tiwari, New York Medical College, USA
Gianluca Tettamanti, University of Insubria, Italy
Ioannis Nezis, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
Smita Thakker-Varia, The University of Kansas, USA
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Debabrata Banerjee, Ph.D