The News Magazine of IUPAC
Free Trial Access Available!
Aims and Scope
Chemistry International is the newsmagazine of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). News about IUPAC, its chemists, its publications, its recommendations, its conferences and the work of its commissions and committees is published quarterly in CI.
CI has a readership of about 9000, which includes IUPAC members and affiliates, and individual subscribers. While 3000 copies are distributed in the United States, the rest go around the world, including all the countries that are adhering organizations of IUPAC - Brazil, Canada, Belgium, Norway, South Africa, India, and New Zealand, just to cite a few of the more than 60 countries that receive CI.
IUPAC and De Gruyter
In addition to Chemistry International, De Gruyter is proud to partner with IUPAC in the publication of the society's flagship monthly journal, Pure and Applied Chemistry and the new Open Access journal Chemistry Teacher International, as well as the IUPAC Standards Database. You can find links to all of the IUPAC Content available on De Gruyter Online at the IUPAC & De Gruyter Home Page, as well as special content, such as themed Virtual Issues of content drawn from across journals and volume years.
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
A standard four-page feature article in Chemistry International should be around 2200 words. Articles that are intended to be two printed pages should be around 1100 words and one printed page about 550 words.
Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word. If possible, any long or complex tables should be submitted separately as Microsoft Excel files. Photographs and images must be submitted as separate files as described below.
Photographs, figures, and other image files should be sent as separate files, clearly named to indicate the contents of the file. Files that are as close to the original are best, as this will help avoid any corruption or decrease in resolution. Files can be sent in the following formats:
* TIFF, preferred for photographs or other image-only content (.tif)
* JPEG, also available for image and photo files (.jpg or.jpeg)
* EPS, preferred for combinations of images and lettering (.eps)
* PDF, also available for combination figures (.pdf)
* EXCEL, for charts or other data-based images (.xls, .xlsx, etc.)
Please note if you have any other file formats with no recourse to the above when submitting your article.
Abstracting & Indexing
Chemistry International is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Managing Editor: Fabienne Meyers
Correspondence to be addressed to:
The Editor, Chemistry International
IUPAC, c/o Department of Chemistry
Metcalf Center for Science and Engineering
590 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215, USA
Phone: +1 617 358 0410
Fax: +1 617 353 6466