Journal of the German Institute for Japanese Studies Tokyo
Editor-in-Chief: Waldenberger, Franz
Managing Editor: Backhaus, Peter
Aims and Scope
De Gruyter published Contemporary Japan (CJ) from 2010 to 2016. Back issues are available on the journal home page.
Contemporary Japan (CJ) is the peer-reviewed biannual journal of the German Institute for Japanese Studies Tokyo (DIJ), published by De Gruyter. All issues of Contemporary Japan are available open access.
The international editorial board consists of distinguished Japan specialists from a broad array of disciplines. The managing editors are Japan experts working for the DIJ.
Contemporary Japan publishes in-depth, original work from all disciplines as they relate to contemporary Japan and her historical roots. Manuscripts which cross disciplinary boundaries and raise larger issues of interest are also welcome, as are research notes.
De Gruyter published the first volume of Contemporary Japan (No. 22) in 2010. Back issues of the journal (formerly published under the title Japanstudien) are available from Iudicium Verlag GmbH at http://www.iudicium.de/katalog/0938-6491.htm. For more information please refer to the editorial website at: www.contemporary-japan.org.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Abstracting & Indexing
Contemporary Japan is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)