Ed. by Chalendar, Isabelle / Partington, Jonathan
1 Issue per year
Mathematical Citation Quotient (MCQ) 2016: 0.38
Aims and Scope
Concrete Operators is a fully peer-reviewed open access journal publishing articles devoted to all special classes of linear operators acting on function spaces. This includes, but is not limited to, Perron-Frobenius operators, multiplication operators, operators in reproducing Kernel Hilbert spaces, weighted composition operators, integral operators, kernel operators, Toeplitz operators, Hankel operators, Wiener-Hopf operators, Jacobi operators, weighted shift operators, operators on function spaces.
Why subscribe and read
Concrete Operators is devoted to original research articles on all special classes of linear operators acting on function spaces and their applications. Concrete operators have shown to be prevalent in almost all domains of science and technology. It is also amazing how concrete operators are interconnected to many other branches of mathematics.
- Concrete operators aims to present high quality articles on special classes of linear operators. We publish research papers as well as surveys on the subject.
- Our peer-review process is streamlined, and papers can be published rapidly when necessary.
- Each paper is reviewed by at least two specialists in the field.
- We provide free language editing for individuals for whom English is not a first language.
- Concrete operators is an open access journal. Thus your work will be available to anyone interested in it, regardless of affiliation with a subscribing library. As a consequence you will have an immediate dissemination of your work.
Accepted papers are subject to article processing charges (APCs). There are NO submission charges.
In 2017 and 2018 Concrete Operators offers 50% discount to all the authors - the publication fee amounts to 500 Euro per paper, regardless of its length.
Additionally, fees for authors who don't have access to funding for publications are completely waived.
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
researchers in the field of linear operators
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/conop/Default.aspx. In case of problems, please contact the Editorial Office of this journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
The journal uses a closed single-blind peer review system (the names of the reviewers are hidden from the authors). Submitted manuscripts are reviewed by two or more experts. Reviewers are asked to recommend whether a manuscript should be accepted, revised or rejected. Although the journal uses the plagiarism detection system CrossCheck, reviewers should alert the editors if they suspect any issues relating to author misconduct such as plagiarism.
Reviewers are asked to provide detailed, constructive comments that will help both the editors make a decision on the publication and the author(s) to improve their manuscript. They should point out whether the work has serious flaws that preclude its publication, or whether additional experiments should be carried out or additional data should be collected to support the conclusions drawn.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Any articles that have been prepared in LaTeX will be accepted for review, but only in PDF format. Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in Concrete Operators, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors .
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Concrete Operators is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Clarivate Analytics - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Clarivate Analytics - Web of Science
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Mathematical Reviews (MathSciNet)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- The Polish Digital Mathematical Library (DML-PL)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
- Zentralblatt Math (zbMATH)
Editorial Advisory Board
Patrick Ahern, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
Alexandru Aleman, Lund University, Sweden
Wolfgang Arendt, Ulm University, Germany
Joseph Ball, Virginia Tech, USA
Albrecht Böttcher, Chemnitz Technical University, Germany
Paul Bourdon, Washington Lee University, USA
John Conway, George Washington University, USA
Carl Cowen, Purdue University, USA
Ronald Douglas, Texas A&M University, USA
Hakan Hedenmalm, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Sjoerd Verduyn Lunel, Utrecht University, Netherlands
Nikolai Nikolski, University of Bordeaux, France
Alexei Poltoratski, Texas A&M University, USA
Stephen Power, Lancaster University, UK
William Ross, University of Richmond, USA
Eero Saksman, University of Helsinki, Finland
Kristian Seip, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
Carl Sundberg, University of Tennessee, USA
Nicholas Young, University of Leeds and University of Newcastle, UK
Alfonso Montes Rodríguez, University of Seville, Spain
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15