Electrochemical Energy Technology
A journal for all aspects of electrochemical energy conversion and storage
1 Issue per year
The journal Electrochemical Energy Technology covers all aspects of electrochemical energy storage and conversion in primary and secondary batteries, fuel cells, flow batteries, supercapacitors and other devices employing electrochemical phenomena and processes. The subjects will range from fundamental studies of electrode processes, their energetics and kinetics, to complete systems and devices employed in portable, mobile and stationary applications. The scope of the journal Electrochemical Energy Technology covers in particular the following topics:
- electrode processes and materials,
- electrolytes and electrolyte solutions,
- interfacial phenomena in electrochemical cells,
- storage materials,
- batteries, accumulators, fuel cells, supercapacitors, flow batteries, and their components,
- electrochemical materials science.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Electrochemical Energy Technology is aiming to become a premier source of knowledge and a widely recognized platform of exchange for scientists of different disciplines and backgrounds (e.g. chemists, physicists, materials scientists, chemical and electrical engineers). This journal covers all aspects of electrochemical energy storage and conversion in primary and secondary batteries, fuel cells, flow batteries, supercapacitors and other (hybrid) devices employing electrochemical phenomena and processes. The subjects will range from fundamental studies of electrode processes, their energetics and kinetics, to complete systems and devices employed in portable, mobile and stationary applications including modelling and simulation of components and systems up to grid applications.
This is an open-access journal which will give your readers instant free access to your latest developments and will ensure that your research is widely read, publicized and quoted. In the initial period, the journal will attract authors by fast, fair and comprehensive peer-review. From its inception, the Journal has been offering fast and comprehensive peer-review, while featuring prominent researchers among its Editorial Advisory Board. As a result, the journal is set to acquire a growing reputation as the central publication in the topics defined above, thus leading to a significant Impact Factor.
- Type of Publication:
Researchers in the fields of: Chemical Engineering, Energy Harvesting and Energy Conversion
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/eetech/. The journal does not have article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges. In case of problems, please contact the Journal Editor Prof. Rudolf Holze via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Vision Papers
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
The journal uses a closed single-blind peer review system.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Any articles that have been prepared in LaTeX will be accepted for review, but only in PDF format. Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Electrochemical Energy Technology is covered by the following services:
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polymer Library
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Rudolf Holze, Technische Universität Chemnitz, Germany
Editorial Advisory Board
Elena Bekyarova, University of California, Riverside and Carbons Solutions Inc., USA
Maria Bełtowska-Brzezinska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
François Béguin, Poznań University of Technology, Poland
Michael Bron, Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, Germany
V.S. Reddy Channu, Texas Biochemicals Inc., College Station, USA
Deepak D. Dubal, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India
Yury Gogotsi, Drexel University, USA
Liangbing Hu, University of Maryland, USA
Chandrakant D. Lokhande, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India
Klaus Müllen, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Germany
Chan-Jin Park, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Qunting Qu, Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Gaoquan Shi, Tsinghua University, China
Ashok K. Shukla, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Michael Stelter, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität, Jena, Germany
Jiří Vondrák, Brno University of Technology, Brno, Česká republika
Yuping Wu, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Jose H. Zagal, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Jiujun Zhang, University of British Columbia, National Research Council of Canada, Canada
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Prof. Rudolf Holze c/o