Epigenetics of Degenerative Diseases
The journal Epigenetics of Degenerative Diseases (EPIDEDIS) is devoted to the publication of research results outlining the involvement of epigenetic mechanisms in degenerative diseases. The aim of the journal is to stimulate scientists to work in the new field of epigenetics and to search for possible applications in pathology. The primary mission of the journal is to become the central publication venue for all members of the researcher community in epigenetics of degenerative diseases with a particular attention to neurodegenerative diseases.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
For readers the journal positions itself as the central and most authoritative publication in the new and fast growing field of epigenetics in degenerative diseases. The journal may attract the interest and funding of pharmaceutical industries looking for new therapeutic applications.
All researchers working on degenerative diseases and their epigenetic regulation are encouraged to publish in this journal. The published papers will reach scientists interested in the same field of science.
Epigenetics of Degenerative Diseases (EPIDEDIS) is focused on:
- epigenetic deregulation of degenerative diseases including: Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Neimann Pick disease, Atherosclerosis, Cancer, Diabetes, Glaucoma, Heart Disease, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Huntington's Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Frontotemporal Dementia, ;
- development of diagnostic and therapeutic approaches based on epigenetics;
- changes of nervous system occurring with age and diseases associated with age;
- molecular and cellular mechanisms of degenerative diseases, as well as related disorders which would have a possible epigenetic origin;
- epigenetics of inherited diseases.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via email to the Journal Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors are suggested to follow Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Epigenetics of Degenerative Diseases is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - EMBASE
- Elsevier - Reaxys
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Meta (formerly Sciencescape)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Editor in Chief
Sigfrido Scarpa, University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Italy
Editorial Advisory Board
Teodoro Bottiglieri, Baylor Research Institute, USA
Isidro Ferrer, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Tiago Fleming Outeiro, University Medizin Goettingen, Germany
Gianluigi Forloni, Mario Negri Institute Pharmacology Research, Italy
Andrea Fuso, University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Italy
Thomas van Groen, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Iqbal Khalid, New York State Institute for Basic Research, USA
Avila Jesus, Center of Molecular Biology (CSIC-UAM), Spain
Mark P. Mattson, National Institute of Health, USA
Joseph Rogers, Stanford Research International, USA
Aron Troen, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Rosaria Adele Cavallaro, Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy
Yaping Liu, Broad Institute of Harvard University and MIT
Sara Martire, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Vincenzina Nicolia, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15