Flame Retardancy and Thermal Stability of Materials
1 Issue per year
Flame Retardancy and Thermal Stability of Materials is an open-access, peer-reviewed, electronic-only international journal for scientific and technological communications directed at flammability and thermal stability properties of materials and products into which they are manufactured. The primary focus of this journal is on polymeric matrix composites with reinforcements/fillers ranging from nano- to macro-scale. This covers all aspects of the polymer and polymer nano-composite fields and the end uses where polymers and polymer nano-composites find applications. The important developments in the fields of polymer- and polymer nano-composite-based materials relating to flame retardancy, fire reaction, and high temperature applications; as well as the chemistry and industrial applications of fire retardant chemicals.
Aims and Scope
Flame Retardancy and Thermal Stability of Materials encourages manuscripts reporting unique, innovative contributions to the physics, chemistry, materials science, and applied mechanics aspects of advanced flame retardancy and thermal stability of materials. Contributions will be particularly welcomed on the flame retardancy and thermal stability properties of polymer and polymer nano-composites in processing, characterization, and applications of their properties using numerical and experimental approaches.
The journal provides:
- Publication of original research, reviews and news in the rapidly expanding field,
- International forum for the dissemination of research results,
- Fast, fair and constructive review provided by internationally recognized peers,
- No publication fees for the first two years.
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Researchers in the fields of: Composites, Polymers and Materials Processing
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via e-mail at FLRET.email@example.com
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Vision Papers
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Any articles that have been prepared in LaTeX will be accepted for review, but only in PDF format. Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Joseph H. Koo, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Jose-Marie Lopez-Cuesta, École des Mines d'Alès, France
Yanmao Dong, Suzhou University of Science and Technology, China
Ayou Hao, Florida State University, USA
Mourad Krifa, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Jason Lee, University of Connecticut, USA
Fei Liang, Embraer Engineering and Technology Center, USA
Maurizio Natali, University of Perugia, Italy
Young-Bin Park, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), Republic of Korea
Holly A. Stretz, Tennessee Technological University, USA
Brian Shiels, PBI Performance Products, Inc. of Charlotte, USA
Hao Wu, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Editorial Advisory Board
Vytenis (Vyto) Babrauskas, Fire Science & Technology Inc, USA
Ehsan Bafekrpour, RMIT University, Australia
Serge Bourbigot, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France
Giovanni Camino, Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
Carine Chivas-Joly, National Laboratory of Metrology and Testing, France
Philippe Dubois, University of Mons-Hainaut, Belgium
Sabyasachi Gaan, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research, Switzerland
Jeffrey W. Gilman, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
Baljinder K Kandola, University of Bolton, UK
Fouad Laoutid, Materia Nova asbl, Belgium
Po-Ching Yeh, University of California, USA
Aixi Zhou, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
Wei Jiang, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Hao Wu, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Jon Longstron, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Brian Lisco, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Kurt Schellhase, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Charlie Wong, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Ethan Liu, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Jose-Marie Lopez-Cuesta, Journal Editor
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15