Genetics of Multifactorial Disorders
"Genetics of Multifactorial Disorders" is closed for submissions effective March 9, 2016. All authors are therefore invited to submit manuscripts at http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/med
Manuscripts on all aspects of genetics, onset and progression of multifactorial disorders are welcome in this journal. The journal also covers novel statistical methods as well as genomic (ranging from genome wide to next generation sequencing) and transcriptomic techniques. We are particularly interested in works that describe and characterize the clinical implication of loci on the onset and clinical outcomes of diseases. In addition, translational studies including possible therapeutic applications targeting newly discovered loci are also welcome.
Genetics of Multifactorial Disorderes covers (but is not limited to):
- Ischemic Heart Disease/Coronary Artery Disease,
- Types 2 Diabetes,
- Bowel Disese,
- Chronic Kidney Disease,
- Small Vessel Disease.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
The aim of the journal is to transfer the results of basic genomic research into the area of mutifactorial disorders, with the ambitious goal of defining how genetics can add an incremental value to individualized medical approach.
The journal publishes state-of the-art studies aimed at highlighting how genetics contribute to the onset and progression of several common disease conditions and how genetics might be related to the outcomes.
The strength of the journal is the specificity of the treated matter: by devoting the journal solely to the Genetics of Multifactorial Disorders, submitters will witness a more focused and finalized spreading of their work.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via email to the Journal Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors are suggested to follow Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Genetics of Multifactorial Disorders is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Nicola Marziliano, Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedale Niguarda Cà Granda, Italy
Editorial Advisory Board
Michel Araad, Sheba Medical Center, Israel
Zofia Bilinska, Institute of Cardiology, Poland
Adam Corner, RainDance Technology, UK
Arad Michael, Chaim Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer, Israel
Monica Monici, University of Florence, Italy
Alexey Polonikov, Kursk State Medical University, Russia
Alain Rico, Life Technologies, France
Pertaroli Rosella, Life Technologies, Italy
Wei-Hua Wu, Georgia Health Sciences University, USA
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15