Show Summary Details
More options …
International Journal of Humor Research
Editor-in-Chief: Ford, Thomas E.
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2016: 0.655
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.718
CiteScore 2016: 0.94
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2016: 0.458
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2016: 0.759
More options …
See all formats and pricing
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 334.00 / US$ 499.00 / GBP 274.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 99.00 / US$ 149.00 / GBP 80.00*
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 334.00 / US$ 499.00 / GBP 274.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 334.00 / US$ 499.00 / GBP 274.00*
- Print + Online
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 402.00 / US$ 598.00 / GBP 329.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 402.00 / US$ 598.00 / GBP 329.00*
*Prices in US$ apply to orders placed in the Americas only. Prices in GBP apply to orders placed in Great Britain only. Prices in € represent the retail prices valid in Germany (unless otherwise indicated). Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include postage and handling if applicable. RRP: Recommended Retail Price.
- Most Downloaded Articles
Most Downloaded Articles
- A theory of humor by VEATCH, THOMAS C.
- The impact of humor on memory: Is the humor effect about humor? by Carlson, Kieth A.
- Satire and definition by Condren, Conal
- Script theory revis(it)ed: joke similarity and joke representation model by ATTARDO, SALVATORE and RASKIN, VICTOR
- Use of humor as a coping mechanism, psychological adjustment, and social interaction
- Multimodal markers of irony and sarcasm
- Humor, stress, and coping strategies by Abel, Millicent H
- Disparagement humor: A theoretical and empirical review of psychoanalytic, superiority, and social identity theories by Ferguson, Mark A. and Ford, Thomas E.
- Joking in the face of death: A terror management approach to humor production by Long, Christopher R. and Greenwood, Dara N.
- Parsing the joke: The General Theory of Verbal Humor and appropriate incongruity by Oring, Elliott
- Defending laughter: an account of Brazilian court cases involving humor, 1997–2014 by Capelotti, João Paulo
- Humor and translation—an interdiscipline by Zabalbeascoa, Patrick
Volume 27, Issue 4
Volume 31 (2018)
Volume 30 (2017)
Volume 29 (2016)
Volume 28 (2015)
Volume 27 (2014)
Volume 26 (2013)
Volume 25 (2012)
Volume 24 (2011)
Volume 23 (2010)
Volume 22 (2009)
Volume 21 (2008)
Volume 20 (2007)
Volume 19 (2006)
Volume 18 (2005)
Volume 17 (2004)
Volume 16 (2003)
Volume 15 (2002)
Volume 14 (2001)
Volume 13 (2000)
Volume 12 (1999)
Volume 11 (1998)
Volume 10 (1997)
Volume 9 (1996)
Volume 8 (1995)
Volume 7 (1994)
Volume 6 (1993)
Volume 5 (1992)
Volume 4 (1991)
Volume 3 (1990)
Volume 2 (1989)
- Linguistic approaches to (non)humorous irony
- On sarcasm, social awareness, and gender
- Where is the humor in verbal irony?
- Differences in use and function of verbal irony between real and fictional discourse: (mis)interpretation and irony blindness
- Isn't it ironic? Defining the scope of humorous irony
- The Clash: Humor and critical attitude in verbal irony
- A relevance-theoretic perspective on humorous irony and its failure
- Book Review. Davis, Andrew. 2011.
- Book ReviewBramlett, Frank (ed.). 2012.
- Book ReviewBarbara Korte and Doris Lechner (eds.). 2013.
- Book ReviewDaSilva, Zenia Sacks and Pell, Gregory M. (eds.).
Have you read our house rules for communicating on De Gruyter Online?