4. Zhang N, Kezunovic M. A study of synchronized sampling based fault location algorithm performance under power swing and out-of-step conditions. in Proc. Power Tech, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1–7, Jun. 2005.
5. AREVA. MiCOMho P443 fast multifunction distance protection. AREVA T&D Automation & Information Systems.
8. Su B, Dong X, Sun Y, Caunce BR, Tholomier D, Apostolov A. Fast detector of symmetrical fault during power swing for distance relay. in Proc. IEEE Power Eng. Soc. General Meeting, 2005:604–609.
10. Reddy JB, Mohanta D, Karan BM, Power system disturbance recognition using wavelet and S-transform techniques. Int J Emerg Electr Power Syst 2004; 1:Article 1007, 1–14.Google Scholar
11. Bhalja B, Maheshwari RP, Parikh UB. A new digital relaying scheme for parallel transmission line. Int J Emerg Electr Power Syst 2009;10:Article 3:1–26.Google Scholar
12. Mohamad NZ, Abidin AF, Musirin I. Intelligent power swing detection scheme to prevent false relay tripping using S-transform. Int J Emerg Electr Power Syst. 2014;15:291–98, May 2014.Google Scholar
13. Abidin AF, Mohamed A, Shareef H. A new blocking scheme for distance protection during power swings. Int J Emerg Electr Power Syst 2010; 11:1–18.Google Scholar
17. Zadeh HK. An ANN-based high impedance fault detection scheme: design and implementation. Int J Emerg Electr Power Syst 2005;4:Article 1, 1–14.Google Scholar
18. Esmaeilian A, Ghaderi A, Tasdighi M, Rouhani A. Evaluation and performance comparison of power swing detection algorithms in presence of series compensation on transmission lines. 10th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC), Rome, pp. 1–4, 8–11 May 2011.
20. Mahamedi B, Zhu JG. A novel approach to detect symmetrical faults occurring during power swings by using frequency components of instantaneous three-phase active power. IEEE Trans Power Del 2012;27:1368–76.CrossrefGoogle Scholar
21. Garlapati S, Lin H, Heier A, Shukla SK, Thorp J. A hierarchically distributed non-intrusive agent aided distance relaying protection scheme to supervise Zone-3. J Electr Power Energy Syst 2013;50:42–9.CrossrefWeb of ScienceGoogle Scholar
24. Jafari R, Moaddabi N, Eskandari-Nasab M, Gharehpetian GB, Naderi MS. A novel power swing detection scheme independent of the rate of change of power system parameters. IEEE Trans Power Del 2014;29:1192–202.CrossrefGoogle Scholar
26. Lin X, Li Z, Ke S, Gao Y. Theoretical fundamentals and implementation of novel self-adaptive distance protection resistant to power swing. IEEE Trans Power Del 2010;25:1372–82.CrossrefGoogle Scholar
27. “PSCAD/EMTDC Power Systems Simulation Manual,” 1997, Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
29. “Balancing and Frequency Control”, a technical document prepared by the NERC resources subcommittee, Available at: www.nerc.com. Accessed: Jan 2011.
About the article
Published Online: 2015-11-24
Published in Print: 2016-02-01