2. Hunter R, Elliot G. Wind-diesel systems, a guide to the technology and its implementation. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005.Google Scholar
3. Hier S. Grid integration of wind energy conversion systems. New York: John Wiley and sons, June 2014.Google Scholar
4. Abbey C, Katiraei F, Brothers C, Dignard LB, Joos G, “Integration of distributed generation and wind energy in Canada,” IEEE, Power Engineering Society General Meeting, 2006.
6. Katiraei F, Abbey C, Diesel plant sizing and performance analysis of a remote wind-diesel microgrid, IEEE, Power Engineering Society General Meeting, 1–8, June 2007.
7. Fazeli M, Asher GM, Klumpner C, Liangzhong Y, Bazargan M. Novel integration of wind generator-energy storage systems within microgrids. IEEE Trans Smart Grid June 2012;3:728–37.Web of ScienceCrossrefGoogle Scholar
8. Margaris ID, Papathanassiou SA, Hatziargyriou ND, Hansen AD, Sorensen P. Frequency control in autonomous power systems with high wind power penetration. IEEE Trans Sustainable Energy April 2012;3:189–99.Web of ScienceCrossrefGoogle Scholar
9. Planas E, Muro AG, Andreu J, Kortabarria I, Alegria IM. General aspects, hierarchical controls and droop methods in microgrids: a review. Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev January 2013;17:147–59.CrossrefWeb of ScienceGoogle Scholar
11. Vandoorn TL, Meersman B, De Kooning JDM, Vandevelde L. Analogy between conventional grid control and islanded microgrid control based on a global DC-link voltage droop. IEEE Trans Power Deliv July 2012;27:1405–14.Web of ScienceCrossrefGoogle Scholar
12. Mohd A, Ortjohann E, Sinsukthavorn W, Lingemann M, Hamsic N, Morton D. Isochronous load sharing and control for inverter-based distributed generation. Int Conf Clean Electrical Power June 2009;2009:324–9.Google Scholar
13. Bunker KJ, Weaver WW. Microgrid frequency regulation using wind turbine controls. Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (PECI), Feb-Mar. 2014;1–6.
15. Jadallah AA, Mahmood DY, Abdulqader ZA. Optimal performance of horizontal axis wind turbine for low wind speed regime. Int J Multidisciplinary Curr Res 2014;2:159–64.Google Scholar
16. Slootweg JG, Polinder H, Kling WL. Dynamic modeling of wind turbine with doubly feed induction generator. IEEE Power Eng society Summer Meet July 20011644–9.
18. Wu B, Lang Y, Zargari N, Kouro S. Power conversion and control of wind energy systems. New Jersey: IEEE John Wiley and Sons, 2011.Google Scholar
19. Ghosh A. Performance study of two different compensating devices in a custom power park. Proc IEEE Gener Transm Distrib 2005;152:521–8.Google Scholar
20. Goyal M, Ghosh A., A phase-locked-loop design for smooth operation of a hybrid microgrid, Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference AUPEC 2013, Hobart, 2013.
21. Lyon WV. Transient analysis of alternating-current machinery. New York: John Wiley, 1954.Google Scholar
About the article
Published Online: 2016-02-26
Published in Print: 2016-04-01
Award identifier / Grant number: DP110104554
Department of Industry and Science, Australian Government, Australian Research Council “DP110104554”