Editor-in-Chief: Pelegrin, Pablo
Ed. by Lopez-Castejón, Gloria
1 Issue per year
The rapidly growing interest in inflammasomes with its exceptionally wide spectrum of signaling functions in health and disease makes the launching of a new journal devoted to inflammasomes attractive and timely.
The inflammasome was first identified as a multi-protein molecular scaffold responsible for the tightly controlled and coordinated activation of inflammatory caspase-1 and the processing of proinflammatory cytokines of the IL-1 family, such as pro-IL-1β. The activation of NLR (Nucleotide binding and Leucine rich repeats Receptor) family members and PYHIN (Pyrin and HIN domain) proteins drive the formation of inflammasomes in different physiological and pathophysiological conditions. This knowledge has been translated into clinics in the treatment of Cryopyrin Associated Periodic Syndromes (CAPS), with the development of highly selective drugs targeting IL-1 signaling. However, due to the significance of inflammasomes in different pathologies, we have a long way ahead to translate this knowledge into the treatment and diagnosis of other diseases.
Inflammasome is an open access journal devoted to the rapid publication of works of wide significance and originality in all areas of the growing field of NLR family members and PYHIN proteins, which activation drive the formation of inflammasomes. The journal's main area of interest resides both basic molecular mechanisms and clinical significance of inflammasomes as well as related signaling.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Inflammasome is an international journal devoted to the rapid publication of works of wide significance and originality in all areas of the growing field of activation and regulation of inflammasomes, including research on NLR (Nucleotide binding and Leucine rich repeats Receptor) family members, PYHIN (pyrin and HIN domain) proteins, inflammatory caspases and associated substrates, such as interleukins.
Our central goal is to provide a hub for researchers working across all species to present their discoveries, and to be a forum for discussing the important issues in the field. We place emphasis on the rapid dissemination and discussion of new reports, with special relevance to disease, creating a bidirectional and translational knowledge flow among basic and clinical research.
The journal will also advertise main meetings and significant advances in the field, as well as discussion forums.
High impact and dissemination of your work:
- We make sure that your research will be exposed to specialists in the inflammasome field and will not be lost in a vast published literature.
- The article creates an open discussion forum, including questions and answers for translational research, which will bring together clinicians and molecular researchers interests.
- Article monitoring statistics will rank the most downloaded articles of the Journal.
- Articles are Open Access, which guarantee all articles to be reach without paying any subscription fees or pay-per-view charges.
High quality and peer review process:
- Our editorial board members rank in the top world’s impact scientists in the area of inflammasomes.
- High quality text editing is applied to guarantee the best production process.
- Inflammasome is an open access journal, which guarantee all articles to be reach without paying any subscription fees or pay-per-view charges.
- Manuscripts submitted go into review within the two days after submission.
- Accepted articles are published within two weeks.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Students and researchers at various stages of academic career specializing in research on NLR family members, PYHIN (pyrin and HIN domain) proteins, inflammatory caspases and associated substrates, such as interleukins.
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Last updated on 25 January 2016
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/infl. In case of problems, please contact the Journal Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors are suggested to follow Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles and Methods Papers
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Case Reports and Meeting Briefs
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Inflammasome is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Meta (formerly Sciencescape)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Pablo Pelegrin, Murcia Biomedical Research Institute IMIB-Arrixaca, Spain
Gloria Lopez-Castejón, Manchester Collaborative Centre for Inflammation Research, University of Manchester, UK
Editorial Advisory Board
David Brough, University of Manchester, UK
George Dubyak, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA
Davide Ferrari, University of Ferrara, Italy
Marco Idzko, University of Freiburg, Germany
Mohamed Lamkanfi, VIB Life Sciences Research Institute, Belgium
Isabelle Couillin, CNRS, Orleans, France
Charles Dinarello, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Thirumala-Devi Kanneganti, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, USA
Eicke Latz, University of Bonn, Germany
Denis Taub, NIA-IRP. NIH, Biomedical Research Center, Baltimore, USA
Heather Wilson, Department of Cardiovascular Science, University of Sheffield, UK
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15