Information - Wissenschaft & Praxis
Editor-in-Chief: Reibel-Felten, Margarita
6 Issues per year
CiteScore 2016: 0.06
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2016: 0.100
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2016: 0.144
- For over 65 years, Information – Wissenschaft und Praxis has been the leading professional journal of information science in the German language.
- Special issues address research at the university level as well as questions related to the information society.
- The journal offers reviews of important monographs and anthologies related to science and practice in information science.
- It is a key forum for young academics in information science.
- The journal contains bulletins from the “German Society for Information and Knowledge”, the “DIN Standards Committee Information and Documentation”, the “Working Group of Special Libraries”, and the “German Museum Association’s Professional Group for Documentation”.
Aims and Scope
“The right information, at the right time and the right place” – this is a goal that can only be fulfilled when knowledge and skills in a variety of areas of information science come together at the same time.
Information – Wissenschaft und Praxis (Information – Science and Practice)has been a leading forum for discussions concerning changes in the landscape of information and knowledge for over 65 years.
Information – Wissenschaft und Praxis is a professional journal that addresses the use of cutting-edge information and communication technologies for providing access to information within firms, libraries, archives and publishers.
Information – Wissenschaft und Praxis presents the results of the latest research in information science, publishes practice-based field reports, and discusses the latest trends in the development of international information and knowledge transfer.
Information – Wissenschaft und Praxis is intended for all information professionals and decision makers in the branch of information management, as well as for anyone who wishes to make use of the latest techniques in information and knowledge management.
- DE GRUYTER SAUR
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Abstracting & Indexing
Information - Wissenschaft & Praxis is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Clarivate Analytics - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- De Gruyter - IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- De Gruyter - IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- INIST Institut de l’Information Scientifique et Technique
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Editorial Board: Margarita Reibel-Felten, Frankfurt am Main, Marlies Ockenfeld, Darmstadt, Helmut Masson, Brüssel
Advisory Board: Andreas Barth, Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen; Gerhard Fröhlich, Linz; Sabine Graumann, München; Ulrich Herb, Saarbrücken; Hans-Christoph Hobohm, Potsdam; Rainer Kuhlen, Konstanz; Dirk Lewandowski, Hamburg; Philipp Mayr, Köln; Christian Schlögl, Graz; Wolfgang Semar, Chur; Wolf G. Stock, Düsseldorf, Christian Wolff, Regensburg