Show Summary Details
More options …
Journal of Ancient History
Ed. by Farney, Gary
2 Issues per year
More options …
See all formats and pricing
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 164.00 / US$ 222.00 / GBP 134.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 49.00 / US$ 74.00 / GBP 40.00*
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 164.00 / US$ 222.00 / GBP 134.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 164.00 / US$ 222.00 / GBP 134.00*
- Print + Online
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 197.00 / US$ 267.00 / GBP 162.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 197.00 / US$ 267.00 / GBP 162.00*
*Prices in US$ apply to orders placed in the Americas only. Prices in GBP apply to orders placed in Great Britain only. Prices in € represent the retail prices valid in Germany (unless otherwise indicated). Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include postage and handling if applicable. RRP: Recommended Retail Price.
- Most Downloaded Articles
Most Downloaded Articles
- The Historian’s Silences: What Livy Did Not Know—Or Chose Not to Tell by Ridley, Ronald T.
- Recent Trends in the Study of Ancient Near Eastern History: Some Reflections by Van de Mieroop, Marc
- Did Magic Matter? The Saliency of Magic in the Early Roman Empire by Meggitt, Justin J.
- “Bands of Brothers”: Warfare and Fraternity in Early Rome by Armstrong, Jeremy
- Divine-Human Relations in the Aesopic Corpus by Morgan, Teresa
- Roman religio as a Framework at Tacitus’ Histories 4.83–84 by Hicks, Benjamin W.
- The Statilii Tauri and the Cult of the Theos Tauros at Thespiai by Marchand, Fabienne
- Editorial Introduction to the First Issue of the Journal of Ancient History by Farney, Gary D.
- Sacred Plants and the Gnostic Church: Speculations on Entheogen-Use in Early Christian Ritual by Brown, Jerry B. and Lupu, Matthew
- Borderland Projects of Sasanian Empire: Intersection of Domestic and Foreign Policies by Alizadeh, Karim
- Merv, an archaeological case-study from the northeastern frontier of the Sasanian Empire by Simpson, St John
- The archaeology of Sasanian politics by Payne, Richard
- Alexander’s Satraps of Media by Hyland, John
- The Legitimization of Elagabalus and Cassius Dio’s Account of the Reign of Macrinus by Scott, Andrew G.
- The Sasanian state: the evidence of coinage and military construction by Howard-Johnston, James
- Agriculture in Sasanian Persis: ideology and practice by Hartnell, Tobin
Volume 1, Issue 2
- Cimon the Elder, Peisistratus and the Olympic Victory of 532 BCE
- Alexander’s Satraps of Media
- The Statilii Tauri and the Cult of the Theos Tauros at Thespiai
- Did Magic Matter? The Saliency of Magic in the Early Roman Empire
- Linguistic Adaptation as Cultural Adjustment: Treatment of Celtic, Iberian, and Latin Terminology in Arrian’s
- The Legitimization of Elagabalus and Cassius Dio’s Account of the Reign of Macrinus
- Urbanization and the Development of Arabic: The Case of Garrison Towns in the Seventh and Eighth Centuries CE