Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Editor-in-Chief: Renda-Tanali, Irmak, D.Sc.
Managing Editor: McGee, Sibel, Ph.D.
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2016: 0.474
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.627
CiteScore 2016: 0.57
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2016: 0.245
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2016: 0.358
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 220.00 / US$ 297.00 / GBP 166.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 49.00 / US$ 74.00 / GBP 37.00*
- Most Downloaded Articles
Most Downloaded Articles
- Closing the Citizen-Government Communication Gap: Content, Audience, and Network Analysis of Government Tweets by Wukich, Clayton and Mergel, Ines
- Disaster Resilience Indicators for Benchmarking Baseline Conditions by Cutter, Susan L./ Burton, Christopher G. and Emrich, Christopher T.
- The Evolving Role of the Public Information Officer: An Examination of Social Media in Emergency Management by Hughes, Amanda L. and Palen, Leysia
- A Critical Evaluation of the Incident Command System and NIMS by Buck, Dick A/ Trainor, Joseph E and Aguirre, Benigno E.
- A Social Vulnerability Index for Disaster Management by Flanagan, Barry E./ Gregory, Edward W./ Hallisey, Elaine J/ Heitgerd, Janet L. and Lewis, Brian
- The 'Titanic Syndrome': Risk and Crisis Management on the Costa Concordia by Alexander, David E.
- Reflections on 40 Years in the Hazards and Disasters Community by Rubin, Claire B.
- Vulnerability of U.S. Cities to Environmental Hazards by Borden, Kevin A./ Schmidtlein, Mathew C./ Emrich, Christopher T./ Piegorsch, Walter W. and Cutter, Susan L.
- Deliberative Risk Ranking to Inform Homeland Security Strategic Planning by Lundberg, Russell and Willis, Henry H.
- Applying Public Administration in Emergency Management: The Importance of Integrating Management into Disaster Education by Urby, Heriberto and McEntire, David A.
- Tornado Warnings in Three Southern States: A Qualitative Analysis of Public Response Patterns by Donner, William R./ Rodriguez, Havidan and Diaz, Walter
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Advanced Imaging Technology Full Body Scanners for Airline Passenger Security Screening by Stewart, Mark G and Mueller, John
- Mobilizing for International Disaster Relief: Comparing U.S. and EU Approaches to the 2010 Haiti Earthquake by Brattberg, Erik and Sundelius, Bengt
- Publisher Retraction of: Transforming the UK Home Office into a Department for Homeland Security: Reflecting on an Interview with a Litigant Defending Against Online Retaliatory Feedback in the US
- Strategic Cyber Defense: Which Way Forward? by Geers, Kenneth
- Interorganizational Coordination in Complex Environments of Disasters: The Evolution of Intergovernmental Disaster Response Systems by Kapucu, Naim
- US Policy on Active Cyber Defense by Flowers, Angelyn and Zeadally, Sherali
- Incorporating Time Dynamics in the Analysis of Social Networks in Emergency Management by Wolbers, Jeroen/ Groenewegen, Peter/ Mollee, Julia and Bím, Jan
Volume 13 (2016)
Volume 12 (2015)
Volume 11 (2014)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
- Use of Small-Scale Test Data to Enhance Fire-Related Threat, Vulnerability, Consequence and Risk Assessment for Passenger Rail Vehicles
- Strategic Cyber Defense: Which Way Forward?
- Effect of a Marketing Program on Freshman Student Registration for an Emergency Notification System
- Strategic uses of Lessons for Building Collaborative Emergency Management System: Comparative Analysis of Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Gustav Response Systems
- The Relationship between Turkey's Provinces' Development Levels and Social and Economic Vulnerability to Disasters
- A Review of the Key Legal dynamics of Chinese Military Involvement in Domestic Disaster Relief (MI/DDR)
- Testing Social Vulnerability Theory: A Quantitative Study of Hurricane Katrina's Perceived Impact on Residents living in FEMA Designated Disaster Areas
- If You Can't Trust, Stick to Hierarchy: Structure and Trust as Contingency Factors in Threat Assessment Contexts
- Regional Disaster Risk: Assessment and Mitigation Concepts in an All-Hazards Context
- Evacuation Patterns of Ethnic Groups Under Fire
- Risk Informed Decision Framework for Integrated Evaluation of Countermeasures against CBRN Threats
- The Influence of Politics on Federal Disaster Declaration Decision Delays
- Cross-Sectoral Scanning of Critical Infrastructures: from Functional Differences to Policy-Relevant Similarities
- Identifying Communication Strategies in Cases of Domestic Terrorism: Applying Cultural Context to the Fort Hood Shooting
- The Evolving Role of the Public Information Officer: An Examination of Social Media in Emergency Management
- Structural Dynamics of Organizations during the Evolution of Interorganizational Networks in Disaster Response
- Investigating the Roots of Crisis Management Studies and Outlining Future Trajectories for the Field
- The Multiplicity of Actors Involved in Securing America's Food Imports
- Homeland Security as International Security? The Case for International Relations as Disciplinary Model
- Challenges for Multi-sector Organizations in Tracking and Sheltering Registered Sex Offenders in Disasters
- Communicating H1N1 Risk to College Students: A Regional Cross-Sectional Survey Study
- Cultural Influence on the Implementation of Incident Command System for Emergency Management of Natural Disasters
- Influencing Factors of Emergency Information Spreading in Online Social Networks: A Simulation Approach
- Responding in Crises: A Comparative Analysis of Disaster Responses between Mainland China and Taiwan
- Updating the National Planning Scenarios: Using Wicked Problems and Capability-Based Planning Concepts for Homeland Security
- The 'Titanic Syndrome': Risk and Crisis Management on the Costa Concordia
- Review of Freedom and Order: How Democratic Governments Restrict Civil Liberties after Terrorist Attacks - and Why Sometimes They Don't
- Review of National Security Reform: How Commissions Can Drive Change During Crises
- Review of The Four Stages of Highly Effective Crisis Management
- Public Health's Role in Understanding Community Resilience
- Identifying Factors that Influence Terrorist Decisions and Target Selection
- Emerging Dangers from Direct Botulinum Access and Use
- Failing to Establish a Unified Command in Louisiana During Hurricane Katrina