Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Editor-in-Chief: Renda-Tanali, Irmak, D.Sc.
Managing Editor: McGee, Sibel, Ph.D.
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2016: 0.474
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.627
CiteScore 2016: 0.57
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2016: 0.245
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2016: 0.358
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 220.00 / US$ 297.00 / GBP 166.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 49.00 / US$ 74.00 / GBP 37.00*
- Most Downloaded Articles
Most Downloaded Articles
- Closing the Citizen-Government Communication Gap: Content, Audience, and Network Analysis of Government Tweets by Wukich, Clayton and Mergel, Ines
- Disaster Resilience Indicators for Benchmarking Baseline Conditions by Cutter, Susan L./ Burton, Christopher G. and Emrich, Christopher T.
- The Evolving Role of the Public Information Officer: An Examination of Social Media in Emergency Management by Hughes, Amanda L. and Palen, Leysia
- A Critical Evaluation of the Incident Command System and NIMS by Buck, Dick A/ Trainor, Joseph E and Aguirre, Benigno E.
- A Social Vulnerability Index for Disaster Management by Flanagan, Barry E./ Gregory, Edward W./ Hallisey, Elaine J/ Heitgerd, Janet L. and Lewis, Brian
- The 'Titanic Syndrome': Risk and Crisis Management on the Costa Concordia by Alexander, David E.
- Reflections on 40 Years in the Hazards and Disasters Community by Rubin, Claire B.
- Vulnerability of U.S. Cities to Environmental Hazards by Borden, Kevin A./ Schmidtlein, Mathew C./ Emrich, Christopher T./ Piegorsch, Walter W. and Cutter, Susan L.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Advanced Imaging Technology Full Body Scanners for Airline Passenger Security Screening by Stewart, Mark G and Mueller, John
- Deliberative Risk Ranking to Inform Homeland Security Strategic Planning by Lundberg, Russell and Willis, Henry H.
- Applying Public Administration in Emergency Management: The Importance of Integrating Management into Disaster Education by Urby, Heriberto and McEntire, David A.
- Tornado Warnings in Three Southern States: A Qualitative Analysis of Public Response Patterns by Donner, William R./ Rodriguez, Havidan and Diaz, Walter
- Mobilizing for International Disaster Relief: Comparing U.S. and EU Approaches to the 2010 Haiti Earthquake by Brattberg, Erik and Sundelius, Bengt
- Publisher Retraction of: Transforming the UK Home Office into a Department for Homeland Security: Reflecting on an Interview with a Litigant Defending Against Online Retaliatory Feedback in the US
- US Policy on Active Cyber Defense by Flowers, Angelyn and Zeadally, Sherali
- Strategic Cyber Defense: Which Way Forward? by Geers, Kenneth
- Interorganizational Coordination in Complex Environments of Disasters: The Evolution of Intergovernmental Disaster Response Systems by Kapucu, Naim
- The Impact of Natural Disasters on Critical Infrastructures: A Domino Effect-based Study by Kadri, Farid/ Birregah, Babiga and Châtelet, Eric
Volume 13 (2016)
Volume 12 (2015)
Volume 11 (2014)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
Volume 11, Issue 3 (Sep 2014)
Understanding Your Audience: How Psychologists Can Help Emergency Managers Improve Disaster Warning Compliance
Published Online: 09/17/2014
Reframing the Climate Change Debate to Better Leverage Policy Change: An Analysis of Public Opinion and Political Psychology
O’Sullivan, Terrence M. / Emmelhainz, Roger
Published Online: 08/14/2014
Research and Policy in Homeland Security and Climate Change: Results from a Roundtable and Thoughts on Developing a National Research Agenda for Climate Change and Security
Ramsay, Jim / Butts, Kent
Published Online: 10/09/2014
Evaluating Children’s Learning of Adaptive Response Capacities from ShakeOut, an Earthquake and Tsunami Drill in Two Washington State School Districts
Johnson, Victoria A. / Johnston, David M. / Ronan, Kevin R. / Peace, Robin
Published Online: 08/05/2014
Influence of Mental Health on Disaster Preparedness: Findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2007–2009
Clay, Lauren A. / Goetschius, James B. / Papas, Mia A. / Kendra, James
Published Online: 07/11/2014
Volunteer Fire Chiefs’ Perceptions of Retention and Recruitment Challenges in Rural Fire Departments: The Case of North Dakota, USA
Yoon, D. K. / Jensen, Jessica / Youngs, George A.
Published Online: 08/21/2014
Johnson, Yvette Joyce / Nadler, Yvonne / Field, Eugene / Myint, Maung San / O’Hara-Ruiz, Marilyn Sue / Ruman, Anna / Olson, Steve / Herrmann, John Arthur / Briscoe, Johanna / Hickey, Marisa / Kunkle, James
Published Online: 08/28/2014
Klenow, Daniel J. / Reibestein, Jeffrey L.
Published Online: 07/05/2014