1. Ademola, A.O. (2008), Letters of Credit: Tower of Babel or Jacob’s ladder? A Look at Whether Private Codifications of Commercial Usage Brings Us Any Closer to a Harmonised International Commercial Law (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cepmlp/gateway/index.php?news=29287, accessed on 15 July 2015)
2. Arkins, J.R.C. (2000), Snow White v. Frost White: the new cold war in banking law, Journal of International Banking Law, J.I.B.L. 2000, 15(2), 31
3. Baker, B., Exporting Against Letters of Credit, available at http://www.qfinance.com/contentFiles/QF02/g1xtn5q6/12/3/exporting-against-letters-of-credit.pdf (visited 15 July 2015)
4. Baranello, J. (2010), Understanding the URDG 758 (http://www.fpsc.com/DB/TreasuryPulse/Fall2010/Article4.html, accessed on 15 July 2015)
5. Barski, K.A. (1996), Letters of Credit: A Comparison of Article 5 of the Uniform Commercial Code and the Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits, 41 LOY..L. REV. 735, 739
6. Botosh, H.M.S. (2002), Striking the Balance Between the Consideration of Certainty and Fairness it the Law Governing Letters of Credit, 183-271
7. Buckley, R.P. (2002), Documentary Compliance in Documentary Credits: Lessons from the UCC for the UCP, 1 J. INT'L COM. L. 60, 69
8. Chuah, J. (2009), Law of International Trade, 4th edn, Sweet & Maxwell, p. 436.
9. Chung, S. I. (1995), Developing a Documentary Credit Dispute Resolution System: An ICC Perspective, Fordham Int'l LJ 19 (1995): 1355
10. De Roover. R. (1942), Money, Banking and Credit in Medieval Bruges, 2 Journal of Economic History (Suppl. Issue), 1942, p.52.
11. Ellinger, E.P. (1970), Documentary letters of credit: a comparative study. University of Singapore Press, 6-7.
12. Enonchong, N. (2011), The Independence Principle of Letters of Credits and Demand Guarantees, Oxford University Press, 9
13. Eakin v Continental Illinois National Bank & Trust Co. (1989) 875F.2d114.116
14. Garcia, R.L.F. (2009), Autonomy principle of the letter of credit, Mexican Law Review 72
15. Goode. R. (1991), Abstract Payment Undertakings, in Peter Cane and Jane Stapleton (eds), Essays for Patrick Atiyah (OUP 1991).
16. Grassi, P.S. (1995), Letter of Credit Transactions: The Banks’ Position in Determining Documentary Compliance. A Comparative Evaluation under U.S., Swiss and German Law’ (1995) Pace International Law Review 106
17. Harfield, H., Ward, W. (1974), Bank credits and acceptances, Ronald Press Company, 158-62
18. Hotchkiss, C. (1991), Strict Compliance in Letter-of-Credit Law: How Uniform is the Uniform Commercial Code? 23 Uniform Commercial Code Law Journal 295
19. James, E.B. (1998), Preface to J.E. Byrne et al., International standbypractices ISP98, 6. (ICC Publishing, Inc. 1998)
20. Katz, R., Report delivered at the I.C.C. Hong Kong meeting, reprinted in INT'L Chamber of Commerce, ICC Publication No. 470/893, 19
21. Krazovska, D. (2008), Impact of the Doctrine of Strict Compliance on a Letter of Credit Transaction, Master Thesis, University of Aarhus, 25-43
22. Koudriachov, S.A. (2001), Application of the Letter of Credit Form of Payment in the International Business Transactions, 10. Current International Trade Law Jurnal, 37.
23. Kozolchyk, B. (1996), Commercial Letter of Credit in the Americas: A Comparative Study of Contemporary Commercial Transactions, Bender, 4.
24. Kozolchyk, B. (1980), Commercial Letter of Credit in the Americas: A Comparative Study of Contemporary Commercial Transactions. Bender.10
25. Kozolchyk, B. (1965), The Legal Nature of the Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit, 14 American Journal of Comparative Law, 1965, p.395 – 398 [Crossref]
26. Längerich, R. (2000), Documentary Credits in Practice, 106
27. King, R., Gutteridge and Megrah's Law of Bankers' Commercial Credits, p. 14,
28. Rodrigo, T. (2011), UCP 500 to 600: A forward movement, eLaw J., 18, p.20
29. Toth, Z. (2006), Documentary Credits in the International Commercial Transaction with Special Focus on Fraud Rule, 1, Doctoral Dissertation.
30. Trimble, R.F. (1948), The Law Merchant and the Letter of Credit, 61 Harvard Law Review, 982-86. [Crossref]
31. Turner, P.S. (1999), New Rules For Standby Letters of Credit: The International Standby Practices, 14. Banking & Finance Law Review 459
32. UCP 600, ICC Publication 2007
33. Ward Petroleum Corp. v Federal Deposit Ins. Corp. (1990) 903 F.2d 1299
34. Wight, R., Ward, A. (1993), The Advising Bank in Letter of Credit Transactions and the Assumption of Agency, Journal of International Banking Law 432
35. Xiang, G., Ross, P.B. (2003), Unique Jurisprudence of Letters of Credit: Its Origin and Sources, The “San Diego Int”, l LJ 4 (2003): 104
About the article
Published Online: 2016-05-12
Published in Print: 2016-06-01
© 2016 Hamed Alavi, published by De Gruyter Open. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 3.0 License. (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)