Show Summary Details
More options …
Journal of Politeness Research
Language, Behaviour, Culture
Ed. by Grainger, Karen
2 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2016: 0.522
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.824
CiteScore 2016: 1.00
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2016: 0.562
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2016: 1.229
More options …
See all formats and pricing
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 170.00 / US$ 256.00 / GBP 129.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 99.00 / US$ 149.00 / GBP 75.00*
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 170.00 / US$ 256.00 / GBP 129.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 170.00 / US$ 256.00 / GBP 129.00*
- Print + Online
- Institutional Subscription€ [D] 202.00 / US$ 308.00 / GBP 152.00*Individual Subscription€ [D] 202.00 / US$ 308.00 / GBP 152.00*
*Prices in US$ apply to orders placed in the Americas only. Prices in GBP apply to orders placed in Great Britain only. Prices in € represent the retail prices valid in Germany (unless otherwise indicated). Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include postage and handling if applicable. RRP: Recommended Retail Price.
- Most Downloaded Articles
Most Downloaded Articles
- The pragmatics of swearing by Jay, Timothy and Janschewitz, Kristin
- Politeness Theory and Relational Work by Locher, Miriam A. and Watts, Richard J.
- Introduction: Face, identity and im/politeness. Looking backward, moving forward: From Goffman to practice theory by Garcés-Conejos Blitvich, Pilar
- Trolling in asynchronous computer-mediated communication: From user discussions to academic definitions by Hardaker, Claire
- Politeness and in-directness across cultures: A comparison of English, German, Polish and Russian requests by Ogiermann, Eva
- (Im)Politeness, Face and Perceptions of Rapport: Unpackaging their Bases and Interrelationships by Spencer-Oatey, Helen
- Face as relational and interactional: A communication framework for research on face, facework, and politeness by Arundale, Robert B
- Politeness: Is there an East-West divide? by Leech, Geoffrey
- Impoliteness and Entertainment in the Television Quiz Show: The Weakest Link by Culpeper, Jonathan
- Gender and impoliteness by Mills, Sara
- Chinese ‘face’ and im/politeness: An introduction by Kádár, Dániel Z. and Roe, Keith
- Identity and impoliteness: The expert in the talent show Idol by Garcés-Conejos Blitvich, Pilar/ Bou-Franch, Patricia and Lorenzo-Dus, Nuria
- Politeness, Humor and Gender in the Workplace: Negotiating Norms and Identifying Contestation by Holmes, Janet and Schnurr, Stephanie
- Introduction: Politeness and impoliteness in computer-mediated communication by Locher, Miriam A.
- From Politeness1 to Politeness2: Tracking norms of im/politeness across time and space by Terkourafi, Marina
- Historical Chinese politeness and rhetoric. A case study of epistolary refusals by Kádár, Dániel Z.
Volume 12, Issue 2 (Jul 2016)
Volume 12 (2016)
Volume 11 (2015)
Volume 10 (2014)
Volume 9 (2013)
Volume 7 (2011)
- Politeness in Hittite state correspondence: Address and self-presentation
- Off-record politeness in Sophocles: The patterned dialogues of female characters
- Politeness in ancient Rome: Can it help us evaluate modern politeness theories?
- The stranger on the threshold. Telemachus welcomes Athena in 1.102–143: a case study of polite interaction in ancient Greek culture
- Polite like an Egyptian? Case Studies of Politeness in the Late Ramesside Letters
- Congratulations in Latin Comedy: Types and functions
Have you read our house rules for communicating on De Gruyter Online?