Journal of Water and Land Development
The Journal of Committee for Land Reclamation and Environmental Engineering in Agriculture of Polish Academy of Sciences and Institute of Technology and Life Sciences in Falenty
4 Issues per year
CiteScore 2016: 0.27
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2016: 0.143
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2016: 0.192
Ministry of Science and Higher Education: 14 points
The Journal of Water and Land Development is the quarterly journal devoted to the publication of papers dealing with the following subjects:
- development of water resources in small river basins: assessment of surface and ground water resources, drought and floods, the methods of assessment of man activity influence on water resources;
- sustainable development of agricultural landscape: farm arrangement, wetlands protection, the role of forest and grassland;
- protection of water resources quality: non-point contamination from agriculture, villages and farms, methods of surface and ground water pro-tection;
- irrigation and drainage: management, maintenance and operation, water use, water-crop relations, the influence of drainage and irrigation on environment;
- hydraulic structures for water management in small basins, earth structures, river conservation, etc.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- The articles present the latest trend in water and land development,
- Premier source of high quality research from Europe,
- Excellent articles authored by researchers from Europe, who appreciate our fast, fair and constructive peer review.
- Fast, fair and constructive peer review; promotion of each published article,
- Language revision,
- Articles abstracted by online indexing services.
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Environmental Protection
- Environmental Management
- Atmospheric Science and Climatology
- Landscape Architecture
- Life Sciences
- About 40%
Similarity Check Plagiarism Screening System
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Detailed description of the Similarity Check System can be found at:
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
All manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via Editorial System.
1. "Journal of Water and Land Development" is published four times a year in English, ar-ticles are followed by a short (not exceeding 300 words) summary in Polish.
2. Conciseness of style is a prequisite, avoid verbose phrases and abvious statements. Ma-nuscript should not exceed 1 printing sheet (20 standard pages of 1800 characters per page). Tables, figures and short summary should be typed at the end of the paper on separate pages.
3. Each article should contain the following elements: title, name and surname of the au-thor(s), authors' affiliation, short abstract no longer than 150-200 words, key words, text of the paper divided into Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion, references (arranged in alphabetic order as shown below) and summary in Polish
BENCALA K.E., WALTERS R.A. 1983. Simulation of solute transport in mountain pool-and riffle stream: a transient storage model. Water Resources Research. Vol. 19 p. 718-724.
GÓRECKI A. 1987. Rozpoznanie i opis sztucznych pól odniesień przestrzennych. [Recognition and description of the artificial plots of spatial relations]. Wrocław, maszynopis, Uniwersytet Wrocławski.
JANKOWSKI M., 1990. Elementy grafiki komputerowej. [Elements of the computer graphics]. Warszawa, WNT.
STRZELECKI T., 1994. Rola systemów informacji geograficznej w zarządzaniu państwem, województwem i gminą. W: Komputerowe wspomaganie badań naukowych. [The role of GIS in the management of the state, voivodship and community. In: Computer aided research]. I Konferencja Środowiskowa. Wrocław. Wrocławskie Towarzystwo Naukowe.
Papers referred to should be quoted in the text as KOWALSKI , [KOWALSKI, NOWAK, 1997]. If there are more than two authors, please add et al. after the first name i.e. NOWAK et al. . English version of the non-congress language title should be added in brackets.
4. Figures should be draw on tracing paper or delivered as laser printouts. Legends in the graphs should be restricted to numerical and letter descriptions, other explanations should be placed in the figure caption. Descriptions remaining within the graph should be in English and of the proportional size (i.e. they must ensure readability after graph size reduction).
5. Tables should fit to the width (16 cm) and height (24 cm) of the column.
6. Data illustrated in Figures should not appear in Tables and vice versa.
7. All variables in equations and in the text should be written in italic. Use SI units in the form g·cm-3 and not g/ml.
8. Manuscript should be sent in three copies with tables, graphs and English abstract and Polish summary with title and key words on separate pages. Enclose a floppy disc with the text written in Word for Windows with tables and figures saved in separate files.
Cost: 100$ or 80€ including 23% VAT (paper about 0.5 publisher’s sheet = 20,000 chars with spacies or 1,500 cm2 of figures)
Abstracting & Indexing
Journal of Water and Land Development is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Baidu Scholar
- Cabell's Directory
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- Current Geographical Publications
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - Reaxys
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Contents
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Waldemar MIODUSZEWSKI (water management, water resources)
Halina JANKOWSKA-HUFLEJT (agricultural landscape, grasslands)
Szczepan L. DĄBKOWSKI (environmental engineering, hydrology, hydraulics)
Magdalena BORYS (hydraulic engineering, environmental geotechnics)
Josephine MAES-SMOLARSKI (language editor)
Lech KUFEL (language editor)
Tomasz SZYMCZAK (statistics editor)
Jan ADAMOWSKI - McGill University, Quebec, Canada
Okke BATELAAN - Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Narayan R. BIRASAL - KLE Society's G H College, Haveri, India
Nicholas CLARKE - Norwegian Forest and Landscape Institute, Ås, Norway
Dušan HUSKA - Agricultural University, Nitra, Slovak
Arvo IITAL - Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia
Edmund KACA - Institute of Technology and Life Sciences, Falenty, Poland
Stanisław KOSTRZEWA - Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Poland
Pyotr I. KOVALENKO - Ukrainian Academy of Agricultural Engineering and Land Reclamation, Kiev, Ukraine
Irena KRISCIUKAITIENE - Lithuanian Institute of Agrarian Economics, Vilnius, Lithuania
Anatolyi P. LICHACEWICZ - Institute of Melioration, Minsk, Belarus
Ferenc LIGETVARI - Agriculture University, Debrecen, Hungary
Hanna OBARSKA-PEMPKOWIAK - University of Technology, Gdańsk, Poland
Ola PALM - Swedish Institute of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering, Uppsala, Sweden
Edward PIERZGALSKI - Warsaw Agricultural University, Poland
Czesław PRZYBYŁA - Poznań University of Life Sciences, Poland
Joachim QUAST - Zentrum für Hydrologie ZALF, Müncheberg, Germany
Erik P. QUERNER - Alterra, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Antanas S. SILEIKA - Water Research Institute of the ASU, Kedainiai, Lithuania
Martin J. WASSEN - University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ingrid WESSTRÖM - Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Muhammad AQEEL ASHRAF - University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Halina Jankowska-Huflejt - Leader
Institute of Technology and Life Sciences,
Falenty, al. Hrabska 3, 05-090 Raszyn,
tel. +48 22 720-05-98, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15