Mathematical, Statistical and Computational Methods
Editor-in-Chief: Valiente, Gabriel
1 Issue per year
Metagenomics is an international open access-only journal covering the emerging field of metagenomics. The aim of the journal is to provide a peer-reviewed forum for the publication of original research reports and authoritative review articles related to the development of metagenomic methods and protocols. The scope of the journal covers mathematical, statistical and computational methods for metagenomics and their use in biomedical and biotechnological applications. It includes:
- Algorithms and data structures for metagenomics
- Metagenomic analysis pipelines, databases and software tools
- Assembling metagenomic sequence samples
- Classification of metagenomic sequence samples: Binning, phylogenetic and taxonomic assignment
- Functional analysis of metagenomic sequence samples: Gene prediction, biochemical pathways
- Comparative metagenomics: Metrics for environmental sequence samples
- Viral metagenomics
- Biomedical and biotechnological applications of metagenomic methods and protocols
Aims and Scope
With an Editorial Board composed of experts covering all areas of the field, Metagenomics will provide authors with an open-access journal for the rapid publication of their original research reports and review articles related to mathematical, statistical and computational methods for metagenomics and their use in biomedical and biotechnological applications. The aim of the journal is to acquire the status of being a preeminent forum selected by authors for the publication of their research reports and review articles in the field of metagenomics.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
researchers in the field of metagenomics
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via e-mail at email@example.com
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
Manuscripts have to be written in LATEX. If additionally a PDF file is supplied, the peer review process will be sped up. Authors are encouraged to submit the final version of the paper using the De Gruyter Open LATEX template.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Metagenomics is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Gabriel Valiente, Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
Editorial Advisory Board
Alice McHardy, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Germany
Vincent Moulton, University of East Anglia, UK
Gene Myers, Max-Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany
Macha Nikolski, University of Bordeaux, France
Mihai Pop, University of Maryland, USA
Graziano Pesole, University of Bari, Italy
Eddy Rubin, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
Jens Stoye, Bielefeld University, Germany
Simon Tavaré, University of Cambridge, UK
Tandy Warnow, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Gabriel Valiente c/o
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumila Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15