Jahrbuch zu Kultur und Geschichte des ersten Jahrtausends n. Chr. / Yearbook on the Culture and History of the First Millennium C.E.
Ed. by Brandes, Wolfram / Demandt, Alexander / Krasser, Helmut / von Möllendorff, Peter / Pfeilschifter, Rene / Pollmann, Karla
Editorial Board: Berger, Albrecht / Böhm, Thomas / Borg, Barbara E / Brandt, Hartwin / Effenberger, Arne / Elsner, Jas / Greatrex, Geoffrey / Haldon, John / Heather, Peter / Huber-Rebenich, Gerlinde / McKitterick, Rosamond / Leppin, Hartmut / Luther, Andreas / Marasco, Gabriele / Meier, Mischa / Pohl, Walter / Prostmeier, Ferdinand Rupert / Riedweg, Christoph / Scheid, John / Schlange-Schöningen, Heinrich / Schmidt, Andrea Barbara / Zachhuber, Johannes / Zuckerman, Constantin
1 Issue per year
Aims and Scope
Millennium transcends boundaries – between epochs and regions, and between disciplines. Like Millennium-Studien, the journal Millennium-Jahrbuch pursues an international, interdisciplinary approach that cuts across historical eras. Composed of scholars from various disciplines, the editorial and advisory boards welcome submissions from a range of fields, including history, literary studies, art history, theology, and philosophy. Millennium also accepts manuscripts on Latin, Greek, and Oriental cultures.
The rich diversity of articles published by Millennium-Jahrbuch encourages dialog between disciplines and national research cultures. The journal welcomes the submission of long manuscripts. While the journal does not publish individual review articles, it now accepts literature surveys. It primary accepts publications in German and English, but also considers submissions in French, Italian, and Spanish.
Manuscripts should be submitted in anonymized form. All submissions are assessed by the responsible editor and one outside specialist (double-blind peer review).
If your manuscript is accepted, please send us a print-ready Word document that incorporates any change requests from the review process. Please also include an English-language abstract not exceeding 2,000 characters (including spaces).
- German, Multilingual
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Abstracting & Indexing
Millennium is covered by the following services:
- ATLA Religion Database
- Baidu Scholar
- Base d’information bibliographique en patristique / Bibliographic Information Base in Patristics (BIBP)
- Brepols: L'Année philologique
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Index Copernicus
- International Philosophical Bibliography - Répertoire bibliographique de la philosophie
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)