Managing Editor: Sorger, Volker
6 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2016: 4.492
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 5.732
In co-publication with Science Wise Publishing
Highly Cited Papers*
Toward biomaterial-based implantable photonic devices
by: Humar, Matjaz; Kwok, Sheldon J. J.; Choi, Myunghwan; et al.
Nanophotonics Volume: 6 Issue: 2 Pages: 414-434 Published: MAR 2017
Carbon nanotubes for ultrafast fibre lasers
by: Chernysheva, Maria; Rozhin, Aleksey; Fedotov, Yuri; et al.
Nanophotonics Volume: 6 Issue: 1 Pages: 1-30 Published: JAN 2017
Plasmonic hot carrier dynamics in solid-state and chemical systems for energy conversion
by: Narang, Prineha; Sundararaman, Ravishankar; Atwater, Harry A.
Nanophotonics Volume: 5 Issue: 1 Pages: 96-111 Published: JAN 2016
Low-loss, infrared and terahertz nanophotonics using surface phonon polaritons
by: Caldwell, Joshua D.; Lindsay, Lucas; Giannini, Vincenzo; et al.
Nanophotonics Volume: 4 Issue: 1 Pages: 44-68 Published: APR 2015
Ultra-compact silicon nanophotonic modulator with broadband response
by: Sorger, Volker J.; Lanzillotti-Kimura, Norberto D.; Ma, Ren-Min; et al.
Nanophotonics Volume: 1 Issue: 1 Pages: 17-22 Published: 2012
Label-free detection with high-Q microcavities: a review of biosensing mechanisms for integrated devices
by: Vollmer, Frank; Yang, Lan
Nanophotonics Volume: 1 Issue: 3-4 Pages: 267-291 Published: 2012
* A highly cited paper received enough citations to place it in the top 1% of the academic field of Physics based on a highly cited threshold for the field and publication year. (Data from Essential Science Indicators℠)
Aims and Scope
Nanophotonics covers recent international research results, specific developments in the field and novel applications. It belongs to the top journals in the field. Nanophotonics focuses on the interaction of photons with nano-structures, such as carbon nano-tubes, nano metal particles, nano crystals, semiconductor nano dots, photonic crystals, tissue and DNA. The journal covers the latest developments for physicists, engineers and material scientists, working in fields related to:
- Plasmonics: metallic nanostructures and their optical properties
- Meta materials, fundamentals and applications
- Nanophotonic concepts and devices for solar energy harvesting and conversion
- Near-field optical microscopy
- Nanowaveguides and devices
- Nano Lasers
- Nanostructures, nanoparticles, nanotubes, nanowires, nanofibers
- Photonic crystals
- Integrated silicon photonics
- Semiconductor quantum dots
- Quantum optics & Quantum information
- Ultrafast and nonlinear pulse propagation in nano materials and structures
- Light-matter interaction, optical manipulation techniques
- System applications based on nanophotonic devices
- Nanofabrication techniques, thin film processing, self-assembly
- Type of Publication:
Physicists, Engineers and Material Scientists, in public and private research.
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Nanophotonics is Open Access.
Authors benefit from timely, detailed and critical peer review and rapid publication.
Thanks to Open Access all articles are freely available worldwide. An Article Processing Charge will apply.
The editors would like to invite submissions for this journal:
- Please submit your manuscript online at http://www.editorialmanager.com/nanoph.
- Publication of color figures is provided free of charge.
- Online publication for all papers accepted after peer reviewing.
- Rapid publication times: max 3 weeks from acceptance to online publication.
- High quality manuscript processing.
- Your paper is freely available worldwide through Open Access.
Abstracting & Indexing
Nanophotonics is covered by the following services:
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Baidu Scholar
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) - Current Contents/Engineering, Computing, and Technology
- Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) - Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) - Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) - Science Citation Index Expanded
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - Compendex
- Elsevier - Engineering Village
- Elsevier - Reaxys
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- INIST Institut de l’Information Scientifique et Technique
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Volker Sorger, The George Washington University, USA
Javier Garcia de Abajo, IQFR-CSIC, Spain
Mark Brongersma, Stanford University, USA
Federico Capasso, Harvard University, USA (Founding Editor)
Jennifer Dionne, Stanford University, USA
Nader Engheta, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Shaya Fainman, UC San Diego, USA
Harald Giessen, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Michael Hochberg, University of Washington, USA
Ning Li, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
Tony Low, University of Minnesota, USA
Masaya Notomi, NTT Basic Research Laboratories, Japan
Rupert Oulton, Imperial College London, UK
Stefano Palomba, University of Sydney, Australia
Vladimir Shalaev, Purdue University, USA
Jelena Vuckovic, Stanford University, USA
Hongxing Xu, Wuhan University, China
Anatoly Zayats, King's College London, UK
Xiang Zhang, UC Berkeley, USA
Nikolay Zheludev, University of Southampton, UK
Associate Editorial Board
Rashid Zia, Brown University, USA
Takuo Tanaka, RIKEN, Japan
Romain Quidant, ICFO, Spain
Lev T. Perelman, Harvard Medical School, USA
Aydogan Ozcan, UCLA, USA
Evghenii Narimanov, Purdue University, USA
Michal Lipson, Cornell University, USA
Uriel Levy, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Frank Koppens, ICFO, Spain
Pierre Berini, University of Ottawa, Canada
Andrea Alu, University of Texas at Austin, USA