Neuroscience of Decision Making
Neuroscience of Decision Making is a rapidly expanding, interdisciplinary field that seeks to explain the neural basis of decision making behavior. This new field attempts to integrate social, cognitive, computational and emotional factors in understanding the neural basis of decisions and combines research methods from neuroscience, cognitive and social psychology as well as experimental and behavioral economics. Research and review articles may incorporate approaches of computational neuroscience, theoretical neurobiology, neuroeconomics, computer science, and mathematics. Experimental work on the brain and behavior of all animal models, especially nonhuman primates, is also suitable for publication as long as it makes a contribution to the neuroscientific aspects of decision making.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
The journal focuses on all aspects of the neuroscience of decision making, including neuroeconomics, behavioral economics, decision neuroscience and all studies in cognitive and social neuroscience, neuroethology, and neurophysiology with a clear impact on the neuroscience of decision making. Decision making represents the ability to process multiple variables and to choose between two or more alternatives for devising an optimal course of action. The journal keeps the reader informed of recent developments in the field. It also integrates past and present knowledge to chart future directions of research.
- international papers connected with all aspects of the neuroscience of decision making are welcomed,
- comprehensive and fast peer review,
- all original relevant articles will be considered, including short articles, reviews, letters to editor, book reviews as well as new empirical contributions and theoretical articles,
- journal is published on an ongoing basis in electronic version,
- your paper will not be rejected due to lack of space, as being an electronic journal there are no limits on the number or size of the papers we can publish. However, we encourage the authors to be clear and concise,
- our goal is to publish papers fast, within 4 weeks of either first or second submission,
- free language-correction services will be provided, as needed,
- the Open Access model allows accessibility of the articles to all readers.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://ndm.edmgr.com/. In case of problems, please contact the Journal Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors are suggested to follow Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Neuroscience of Decision Making is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Meta (formerly Sciencescape)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Jagmeet S. Kanwal, Georgetown University, USA
Editorial Advisory Board
Bruno B. Averbeck, NIMH/NIH, USA
Alain Berthoz, UMR/CNRS, France
Sacha Bourgeois-Gironde, Ceperc, Institut Jean-Nicod, France,
Donald S. Faber, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA
Toshiya Matsushima, University of Hokkaido, Japan
V.S. Chandrasekhar Pammi, University of Allahbad, India
Mandyam Srinivasan, University of Queensland , Austrailia
Xiao-Jing Wang, Yale University, USA
Sabine Windmann, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Eyal Winter, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Jagmeet S. Kanwal
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15