Optical Data Processing and Storage
Editor-in-Chief: Simoni, Francesco
1 Issue per year
The open access and peer-reviewed journal publishes most recent research articles and technological reviews on subjects related to optical information. The overall scope is to cover all aspects of this matter: phenomena, materials, methods and devices. The integration of optics with information technologies is considered as well so that the journal covers also processing of optically acquired data and images.
Topics of this journal include (but are not limited to):
- Integrated optics, signal processing, fiber optics.
- Optical storage (methods)
- Display & imaging
- Biophotonics & Sensors
- Materials (storage, holographic, nonlinear, photosensitive)
- Holographic technology
- Optical manipulation
- Optical processing/fabrication technology
- Quantum information
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Readers have the opportunity to be informed about the most recent and significant news on the different topics related to optical information from basic light matter interaction effects to photonic devices. The journal provides a stage for dissemination of results through the scientific groups performing research in the wide field of the Light Science for Information Technology. The Editorial Board of highly experienced and established scientists as well as the devoted reviewers guarantee that the published works are carefully selected for their high quality and significance for the scientific and technological progress in the field.
As an author you have the space to disseminate your results through a rapid, transparent, high-quality and conflict-of-interest-free reviewing process. The reviewing procedure itself represents a scientific discussion that might affect the continuation of your results. The status of an open-access journal allows higher visibility of your published results. Submitting your paper to this journal you participate as co-founder of a scientific forum to define the different aspects of the broad field of optical information contributing to update the meaning of Optical Data Processing and Storage.
- Emerging Fields in Optics, Photonics and Materials: Fundamental Methods and Applications
Stefania Residori, CNRS, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France
Co – editors:
Aurélie Jullien, CNRS, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France
Umberto Bortolozzo, CNRS, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France
- Displays, imaging and holographic technology
Yi-Hsin Lin, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Photosensitive Soft Materials and Devices - Fundamentals and Applications
Alper Kiraz, Optofluidics and Nano-Optics Res. Lab., Koc University, Turkey
Liana Lucchetti, Department of Sciences and Engineering of Matter – SIMAU, Marche Polytechnic University, Ancona, Italy
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
- Researchers and engineers interested in subjects of: Integrated optics, signal processing, fiber optics; Optical storage (methods); Display & imaging; Biophotonics & Sensors; Materials (storage, holographic, nonlinear, photosensitive);
Laser; Holographic technology; Optofluidics; Optical manipulation; Optical processing/fabrication technology;
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via Email to the Editorial Office at email@example.com.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Any articles that have been prepared in LaTeX will be accepted for review, but only in PDF format. Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in Optical Data Processing and Storage, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Optical Data Processing and Storage is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Polymer Library
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Francesco Simoni, Department of Sciences and Engineering of Matter – SIMAU, Marche Polytechnic University, Ancona, Italy
Nelson G. C. Astrath, State University of Maringá, Department of Physics, Brasil
Yi-Hsin Lin, Department of Photonics, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Alper Kiraz, Optofluidics and Nano-Optics Res. Lab., Koc University, Turkey
Editorial Advisory Board
Federico Capasso, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, USA
Xiafeng Chen, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Jesper Glückstad, Department of Photonics Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Tomiki Ikeda, Chuo University, Japan
Martti Kauranen, Department of Physics, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
Wieslaw Krolikowski, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Guglielmo Lanzani, Center for Nano Science and Technology@PoliMi, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Italy
Vincent Toal, Centre for Industrial and Engineering Optics, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
Shin-Tson Wu, College of Optics & Photonics, University of Central Florida, USA
Joseph Zyss, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan, LPQM, Institute d'Alembert, France
Kateryna Kushnir, Department of Physics Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyev, Ukraine
Paolo Spegni, Department of Sciences and Engineering of Matter, SIMAU, Università Politecnica delle Marche , Italy
Jordanka Tasseva, Institute of Optical Materials and Technologies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15