Optofluidics, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics
Ed. by Sada, Cinzia
- One of the fastest growing peer-reviewed journals published, devoted to scholarly research in all areas of optofluidics.
- International forum for the dissemination of ideas across a wide range of sciences dealing with optofluidics, divided into several sub-sections.
- Aims at enhancing the communication of high quality research and facilitating the collaboration of scientists from different disciplines.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- The medium for the publication of manuscripts that report novel findings of broad significance in the Optofluidics, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics field that are likely to advance the direction and thinking of the field
- International forum for the dissemination of research and applied data from the full spectrum of Optofluidics, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics; designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas between researchers and especially practitioners from different disciplines ranging from biology to chemistry to engineering
- Accommodates different styles and formats to help scientists and practitioners from various backgrounds interact effortlessly
- Transparent, comprehensive and fast peer review.
- Free language-correction services for authors from non-English speaking regions.
- Worldwide dissemination.
Topical Issues 2016
Past Topical/Special Issues
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
- Researchers in all areas of optofluidics.
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via Email to the Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Any articles that have been prepared in LaTeX will be accepted for review, but only in PDF format. Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in Optofluidics, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Optofluidics, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics is covered by the following services:
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Cinzia Sada, University of Padova, Italy
Dominik G. Rabus, Buerkert Fluid Control Systems, Germany
Editorial Advisory Board
Kristensen Anders, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Nick Barnett, Ocean Optics, UK
Eggleton Ben, The University of Sydney, Australia
Gabriella Cipparrone, University of Calabria, Italy
Karnutsch Christian, Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Denz Cornelia, University of Muenster, Germany
Psaltis Demetri, Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
Lee Won Gu, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, Korea
Ai Qun Liu, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Eichenholz Jason, Open Photonics, USA
Khashayar Khoshmanesh, RMIT University, Australia
Fainman Yeshaiahu, University of California, San Diego, USA
Lo Yu-Wa, University of California, San Diego, USA
Arshad Faraz, Bertrand, Germany
Seger Adam, MagArray Inc., USA
Brammer Marko, Festo AG & Co. KG, Germany
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15