Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft
Ed. by Apolte, Thomas / Berthold, Norbert / Budzinski, Oliver / Goldschmidt, Nils / Kerber, Wolfgang / Kolev, Stefan / Leschke, Martin / Mestmäcker, Ernst-Joachim / Möschel, Wernhard / Müller, Christian / Pies, Ingo / Sally, Razeen / Schnabl, Gunther / Schnellenbach, Jan / Schüller, Alfred / Schweitzer, Heike / Vanberg, Viktor J. / Watrin, Christian
1 Issue per year
Aims and Scope
ORDO is a peer-reviewed academic journal first published by Walter Eucken and Franz Böhm in 1948. It focuses on the economic and political institutions governing modern society. Its mission is to provide a forum of debate for scholars of diverse disciplines such as economics, law, political science, sociology, and philosophy.
Contributors include Nobel laureates James M. Buchanan, Milton Friedman, Friedrich von Hayek, and George J. Stigler, as well as Lord Peter Thomas Bauer, Franz Böhm, Gottfried Haberler, Erich Hoppmann, Otmar Issing, Paul Kirchhof, Israel M. Kirzner, Frank H. Knight, Irving Kristol, Ludwig Lachmann, Assar Lindbeck, Friedrich A. Lutz, Fritz W. Meyer, Alfred Müller-Armack, Sir Karl R. Popper, Wilhelm Röpke, Jacques Rueff, Carl Christian von Weizsäcker, Arthur Woll, and many other notable scholars.
ORDO also contains book reviews. Articles are published in German or in English. If you wish to contribute, please read our submission guidelines.
- German, English
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
ORDO strives to publish scholarly research of exceptional merit, demonstrating the highest standards of excellence in conceptualization, exposition, and methodology. As ORDO reaches a diverse audience of scholars and practitioners, authors must demonstrate how their analysis illuminates a significant research problem or answers an important research question of general interest in social science. For the same reason, authors must strive for a presentation that will be comprehensible to as many scholars as possible, consistent with the nature of their material. If you wish to publish in ORDO, please consider our submission guidelines:
- ORDO publishes original work. Therefore, authors should not submit articles containing tables, figures, or substantial amounts of text that have been published already or are forthcoming in other places, or which are included in other manuscripts submitted for review to publishers of books or periodicals (including online journals) or which have been submitted for publication elsewhere. In many such cases, subsequent publication of this material would violate the copyright of the other publisher. Furthermore, ORDO does not consider papers that are currently under review at other journals or that duplicate or overlap with parts of larger manuscripts submitted to other publishers (including publishers of both books and periodicals).
- Manuscripts may be submitted at any time.
- Your manuscript should contain approximately 10,000 words.
- Your manuscript should include a summary (abstract) of no more than 130 words, and 5 keywords.
- The main text should not include any information that identifies the authors, or any other collaborators in the work (including anyone responsible for creating tables or figures, if they are also an author/collaborator); and, do not thank colleagues in notes or elsewhere in the body of the paper or mention institution names, web page addresses, or other potentially identifying information. Only rejoinders of criticized authors may include their full name(s).
- A separate title page should be attached that includes the full manuscript title, plus names and contact information (mailing address, telephone, fax, e-mail address) for all credited authors in the order their names should appear, as well as each author’s academic rank and institutional affiliation. In the case of multiple authors, indicate to whom correspondence should be addressed.
- The manuscript must be accompanied by a declaration that the authors of the article submitted have adhered to the guidelines for good scientific and academic practice contained in the Code of Ethics developed by the Verein für Socialpolitik. The declaration must disclose any conflicts of interest and, if applicable, the sources of external funding for the research published in ORDO.
ORDO now accepts only electronic submissions, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please send your manuscript to: email@example.com
Peer review process
ORDO uses a double-blind review process, which will take up to 3 months. The review process is organized as follows:
1. Our editorial team will present your manuscript to one of the editors in charge. This editor will read your manuscript, delete your name and institutional affiliation, and ask two reviewers to comment on it. The reviewers are experts in the field of your article.
2. The reviewers will comment on your paper, each providing a written report.
3. To ensure anonymity, the reviewers will communicate their opinion via our editorial team. That is to say that you will receive copies of both reports. If your article is subject to major revisions, according to the reviewers, you may take their advice into account and submit a revised version of the manuscript.
4. On consideration of both reports and your revised manuscript, the editorial board will decide whether to publish your article.
5. If your article is accepted for publication, our editorial team will give you further instructions.
ORDO also publishes long (three pages) and short (one or two pages) book reviews. If you wish to publish a book review, note that reviews are not subject to the peer review process. You should contact Dr. Julian Dörr (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance and inquire whether ORDO is interested in publishing a review of the book you wish to comment on. Prof. Dr. Nils Goldschmidt is responsible for book reviews. Please send book review copies to Prof. Goldschmidt.
Hybrid Open Access
For complete details on hybrid open access publishing at De Gruyter please see: https://www.degruyter.com/page/560
Effective 1st January 2016, authors from an institution affiliated with either the Association of Dutch Universities (VSNU), the Consortium of Swiss Academic Libraries or some UK libraries participating in the Jisc Collections SMP may publish primary research and review articles open access in any of De Gruyter’s OnlineOpen journals at a discount of 90% of the APC price. For more information and to confirm whether your institution is eligible please see the following:
Abstracting & Indexing
ORDO is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Christian Müller (in charge)
Westsächsische Hochschule Zwickau
Brandenburgische Technische Universität Cottbus-Senftenberg (BTU)
Freie Universität Berlin