Topical Issue FeS proteins: biosynthesis, structure, functions
Guest Editor: Pasquale Ferranti
Peptidomics is the very first journal devoted to the peptidome, i.e., the low molecular mass window of the proteome, which is still largely missed in proteomics studies. This subset of the proteome, representing essential gene products in all organisms from the most primitive to the most evolved, carries important biological information and deserves much more attention than it has received before. Peptidomics technologies involve state-of-the-art mass spectrometry systems, as well as continuously evolving dedicated bioinformatics and molecular biology approaches. Together with optimized analytical or synthetic methods, including (multidimensional) chromatography and orthogonal separations, or combinatorial synthesis, the modern-day ‘life scientist’ disposes of an ever expanding peptide chemical toolbox to study virtually every biological process using an innovative large-scale or systems approach
Aims and Scope
- principal source of high quality cutting-edge research in all fields of peptide analysis, peptide biology and peptide chemistry using a large-scale or systems approach (“-OMICS”);
- high quality papers authored by researchers from around the globe, peer-reviewed by experts in a fast, fair and constructive process;
- focus on high quality peptidome research, with emphasis on excellence, innovation, both in methodology and in applications;
- source of the latest news, successes and research advances from the full scope of peptidome research, including (tandem) mass spectrometry analysis, (multidimensional) chromatography and orthogonal separation techniques, molecular biology or in silico analysis to study the set of peptides from or in an organism, both in vitro and in vivo bioactivity or pharmacological testing, as well as combinatorial or large-scale approaches to peptide synthesis;
- international forum for the dissemination of biological and chemical peptide research data with special attention to inter-disciplinary work combining various areas of the life sciences.
- No publication charge for articles published in the first two volumes.
- transparent, comprehensive and fast but fair peer review;
- free language assistance service to non-English speaking authors;
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/ped/. In case of problems, please contact the Editorial Office of this journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium,
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal,
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience,
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper,
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles,
- Communications and Rapid Communications*,
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews,
- Vision papers,
- Letter to the editor.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below),
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format,
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by),
- full title of article and short title,
- full list of authors with affiliations,
- e-mail of the corresponding author,
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author,
- number of attached files, if there is more than one,
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted).
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Peptidomics is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Pasquale Ferranti, University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy
Editorial Advisory Board
Günter Allmaier, Technical University of Vienna, Austria
Per Andrén, Uppsala Universitet, Sweden
Mimoun Ayoub, Peptisyntha, Switzerland
Massimo Castagnola, Facoltà di Medicina – Università Cattolica, Italy
Michelle Colgrave, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australia
Lieve Dillen, Johnson&Johnson, Belgium
Maria Dolores del Castillo, Institute of Food Science Research (CIAL) (CSIC/UAM), Spain
Georges Gaudriault, MedinCell, France
Ulf Göransson, Uppsala University, Sweden
Elvira Maria Hebert, Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos (CERELA) - CONICET, Argentina
Djuro Josic, Brown University, USA
Oleg Krokhin, University of Manitoba, Canada
Sylvain Lehmann,CHU de Montpellier, Institut de Recherches en Biothérapie (IRB) Biochimie - Protéomique Clinique, France
Gianfranco Mamone, Istituto di Scienze dell' Alimentazione - CNR, Italy
Jason Mulvenna, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Australia
Gianluca Picariello, Istituto di Scienze dell'Alimentazione – CNR, Italy
Paola Roncada, Istituto Sperimentale “Lazzaro Spallanzani”, Italy
Peter Schulz-Knappe, Protagen AG, Germany
Martina Schnölzer, German Cancer Research Center, Germany
Christopher Shaw, Queen's University Belfast, Ireland
Hans-Dieter Zucht, Proteome Sciences R&D GmbH & Co KG, Germany
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15