1 Issue per year
Polyurethanes is a peer-reviewed, electronic-only journal that publishes original, high-quality research on topics broadly related to polyurethanes, its products and applications. The journal will mainly focus on synthesis, characterization, properties and performance of polyurethane elastomers, foams, coatings, thin films, fibres, textiles, resins, adhesives and biomedical applications.
The goal of the journal is to be the first and the main publishing option for authors writing on Polyurethanes, and a hub integrating the relevant research community. This journal will publish critical review and research articles covering recent developments in polyurethanes or their applications. This Journal will provide recent advances in polyurethanes’ science and technological applications relevant to chemists, engineers, technologists and scientists interested or working with this material.
Scope of the journal covers:
- Topical review articles related with polyurethanes chemistry and technology
- Synthesis routes and characterization
- Properties reinforcement
- Adhesives and sealants
- Coatings, inks and thin films
- Biomedical applications
- Flexible and rigid synthetic and bio-foams
- End user reports and case studies
- Specialized engineering and structural applications
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
The goal of the journal is to be the first and the main publishing option for authors writing on Polyurethanes, and a hub integrating the relevant research community. This Journal will provide recent advances in polyurethanes' science and technological applications relevant to Chemists, Engineers, Technologists and Scientist interested or working with these material synthetic methodologies, characterization, and processing techniques for polyurethanes and its products.
For readers the journal will position itself as the central and most authoritative publication in Polyurethanes. Polyurethanes are one of the most versatile and widely used plastic materials.
In the initial period, the journal will attract authors by fast and comprehensive peer-review. Then it will also attract an Impact Factor and growing reputation of the central publication in polyurethanes synthesis to applications. From the beginning it will also have prominent scholars in its Advisory Board. During the first two years of publication open access publication fees are to be waived for all authors.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via e-mail at email@example.com
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Vision Papers
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: TeX/LaTeX (recommended), MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Polyurethanes is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
James Njuguna, Robert Gordon University, UK
Javier Quagliano, Argentine R&D Institute for the Defense (CITEDEF), Argentina
Editorial Advisory Board
Susheel Kalia, Bahra University, India
Niranjan Karak, Tezpur University, India
Satyendra Mishra, North Maharashtra University, India
Krzysztof Pielichowski, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
Raquel Verdejo, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), Spain
Shaik Zainuddin, Tuskegee University, USA
Urenna Ekeh, Robert Gordon University, UK
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Dr. James Njuguna c/o