1. MOQBEL R, LACY P, ADAMKO DJ, ODEMUYIWA SO. Biology of Eosinophils. In Middleton’s Allergy Principles and Practice, Seventh Edition. Cap 18, p. 295-310.
2. LACY P, MOQBEL R. Immune effector functions of eosinophils in allergic airway inflammation. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2001; 1:79-84.
3. VALENT P, KLION AD, ROSENWASSER LJ, et al. ICON (International Consensus ON): Eosinophilic Disorders. Consensus document. WAO Journal 2012; 5:174-181.
4. GOTLIB J. World Health Organization – defined eosinophilic disorders: 2014 update on diagnosis, risk stratification and management. American Journal of Hematology 2014; 89(3):326-37.
5. GLEICH GJ. Mechanisms of eosinophil-associated inflammation. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2000; 105: 651-63.
6. HOGAN SP, ROSENBERG HF, MOQBEL R, et al. Eosinophils: biological properties and role in health and disease. Clin Exp Allergy 2008; 38:709-50. [Web of Science]
7. WOERLY G, ROGER N, LOISEAU S, et al. Expression of CD28 and CD86 by human eosinophils and role in the secretion of type 1 cytokines (interleukin 2 and interferon gama: inhibition by immunoglobulin complexes. J Exp Med 1999; 190:487-495.
8. PARDANANI A, PATNAIK MM, TEFFERI A. Eosinophilia: Secondary, clonal and idiopathic. Br J Haematol 2006; 133:468-92.
9. GOTLIB J, COOLS J. Five years since the discovery of FIP1L1-PDGFRA: what we have learned about the fusion and other molecularly defined eosinophilias. Leukemia 2008; 22: 1999-2010. [Web of Science]
10. SIMON HU, ROTHENBERG ME, BOCHNER BS, et al. Refining the definition of hypereosinophilic syndrome. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2010; 126: 45-49. [Web of Science]
11. BAIN BJ, GILLILAND DG, HORNY HP, et al. Myeloid and lymphoid neoplasms with eosinophilia and abnormalities of PDGFRA, PDGFRB or FGFR1. World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. Lyon, France: IARC Press, 2008, p. 68-73.
12. VALENT P, KLION AD, HORNY HP, ROUFOSSE F, GOTLIB J, et al. Contemporary consensus proposal on criteria and classification of eosinophilic disorders and related syndromes. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2012; 130:607-612. [Web of Science]
13. CHUSID MJ, DALE DC, WEST BC, WOLF SM. The hypereosinophilic syndrome: analysis of fourteen cases with review of the literature. Medicine 1975; 54: 1-27.
14. KLION AD. Recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of hypereosinophilic syndromes. Hematology 2005; 209-14. [Crossref]
15. VAGLIO A, BUZIO C, ZWERINA J. Eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Churg – Strauss): state of the art. Allergy 2013; 68: 261-73. [Web of Science]
16. LEFEBVRE C, BLETRY O, DEGOULET P, et al. Prognostic factors of hypereosinophilic syndrome. Study of 40 cases. Ann Med Interne (Paris) 1989; 140:253-7.
17. PODJASEK JC, BUTTERFIELD JH. Mortality in hypereosinophilic syndrome: 19 years of experience at Mayo Clinic with a review of the literature. Leuk Res 2013; 37:392-5. [Web of Science]
18. KLION AD. How I treat hypereosinophilic syndromes. Blood 2009;114(18): 3736-41.
About the article
Published Online: 2015-12-10
Published in Print: 2015-12-01
© 2015 Polliana Mihaela Leru, published by De Gruyter Open. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 3.0 License. (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)