DNA and RNA Nanotechnology
formerly RNA Nanotechnolgy
Topical Issue on The Current Stage of RNA Nanotechnology
The journal collaborates with RNA Nanotechnology Conference
Held on 01 Aug 16 - 04 Aug 2016, in Berkshire, United Kingdom
Chaired by Dr. Peixuan Guo
DNA and RNA Nanotechnology journal is dedicated to publish research results, opinions and ideas concerning newly emerging field of bio-nano-technologies. Conjunction of deep understanding of folding processes of biological macromolecules such as DNA and RNA and new advancements in nano-objects characterization resulted in novel approach to the problems in structural biology and medicinal sciences. The scope of the DNA and RNA Nanotechnology includes but is not limited to the design and development of therapeutic nucleic acids, understanding their toxicities and interactions with different components of biological systems, nanoassemblies made of other classes of biological molecules such as lipids and peptides, and other organic and inorganic materials that have a potential to be used in nanodesign and nanoformulationis. The aim of DNA and RNA Nanotechnology is to connect scientists from different disciplines in one open access journal.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
DNA and RNA Nanotechnology bridges the gap between newest developments in nucleic acids (DNA/RNA) structural folding and biomaterial sciences. It links understanding of DNA/RNA molecular behavior with macroscopic properties that can be incorporated into medicinal applications.
No publication charge for articles published in the first two volumes. Publishing in DNA and RNA Nanotechnology gives a broad exposure of your scientific results and ideas to the community involved in DNA/RNA modifications, structural nucleic acids, RNA-interference, bio-nano-technologies and biomaterials as therapeutics.
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/rnanano. In case of problems, please contact the Editorial Office of this journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium,
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal,
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience,
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper,
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles,
- Communications and Rapid Communications*,
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews,
- Vision papers,
- Letter to the editor.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below),
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format,
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by),
- full title of article and short title,
- full list of authors with affiliations,
- e-mail of the corresponding author,
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author,
- number of attached files, if there is more than one,
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted).
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
DNA and RNA Nanotechnology is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Meta (formerly Sciencescape)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Arkadiusz Chworos, The Centre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences in Łódź, Poland
Editorial Advisory Board
Ryszard W. Adamiak, Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
Paul F. Agris, University at Albany, State University of New York, USA
Edward Darżynkiewicz, University of Warsaw, Poland
Peixuan Guo, University of Kentucky, USA
Piet Herdewijn, KU Leuven, Nederlands
Thomas Hermann, University of California, San Diego, USA
Luc Jaeger, University of California Santa Barbara, USA
Thomas LaBean, North Carolina State University, USA
Neocles B. Leontis, Bowling Green State University, USA
Bruce A. Shapiro, Frederick National Lab, USA
Naoki Sugimoto, Frontier Institute for Biomolecular Engineering Research, Konan University , Kobe, Japan
Christian W. Zwieb, University of Texas, Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA
Anna Graczyk, Lodz University of Technology, Poland
Paulina Gwoździńska, The Centre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies in Łódź PAS, Poland
Dominika Jedrzejczyk, Centre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies Polish Academy of Science, Poland
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
RNA related articles: