Science and Engineering of Composite Materials
Editor-in-Chief: Hoa, Suong V.
IMPACT FACTOR 2017: 0.619
CiteScore 2017: 1.82
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2017: 0.540
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2017: 0.876
In view of the rapid growth of the science and technology of composite materials, there is a need for published documentation on their structure, properties, and the integration of structure-property relations with processing, design and fabrication. Science and Engineering of Composite Materials is a quarterly publication which provides a forum for discussion of all aspects related to the structure and performance under simulated and actual service conditions of composites. The publication covers a variety of subjects, such as macro and micro and nano structure of materials, their mechanics and nanomechanics, the interphase, physical and chemical aging, fatigue, environmental interactions, and process modeling. The interdisciplinary character of the subject as well as the possible development and use of composites for novel and specific applications receives special attention.
- Newest research on composite materials and structures
- Special attention to innovative solutions and development of composites
- Specialized expertise in science and technology
- Interdisciplinary approach to journal’s subject matter
- Covers many aspects on composite materials and structures including polymer matrix, metal matrix and concrete composites.
- Only one of the few journals on composites that is Open Access
- Indexed in Scopus
- Indexed in ESCI
- APC 1000 euros
Aims and Scope
- Premier source of high quality composites research, focused on innovation, changes and direction in composite materials and structures.
- Source of the latest achievements and research inspirations in composite field.
- International forum for the dissemination of research results with an emphasis on broad works on composites.
- Excellent articles by researchers from all over the world, who appreciate our fast, fair and constructive peer review provided by experts the field of composites.
- Transparent, comprehensive and fast peer review
- Possibility of adding animations and stereo images to make your paper more attractive to the readers
- Free language assistance for authors from non-English speaking regions
- Unrestricted access for all readers
- Authors retain copyright
- Flexible reuse policy
- Increased visibility and readership
- Increased and accelerated citations
- No space restraints
- Immediate publication
- Extensive promotion of best articles.
- Macro-, micro- and nano structure of materials
- Mechanics and nanomechanics of composites
- The interphase, physical and chemical aging, fatigue
- Environmental interactions, process modeling
- The use of composites
- Novel applications of materials
- Type of Publication:
Researchers and practitioners interested in composite materials
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
You can easily submit your manuscript online. Simply go to https://www.editorialmanager.com/secm/default.aspx and you will be guided through the whole peer-reviewing and publishing process.
Science and Engineering of Composite Materials encourages the submission of both substantial full-length bodies of work and shorter manuscripts that report novel findings. There are no specific length restrictions for the overall manuscript or individual sections; however, we urge the authors to present and discuss their findings in a concise and accessible manner. Al submitted manuscripts must be written in English language.
Manuscripts submitted under multiple authorship are reviewed on the assumption that all listed authors concur in the submission and are responsible for its content; they must have agreed to its publication and have given the corresponding author the authority to act on their behalf in all matters pertaining to publication. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the coauthors of the manuscript status throughout the submission, review, and production process.
All submissions must be made via online submission system Editorial Manager.
In case of problems, please contact the Managing Editor of this journal (Natalia.Pierunek@degruyter.com).
Science and Engineering of Composite Materials considers submissions of:
- Research Article – The default format for reporting research results. There is no length restriction.
- Review Article – Used to submit literature reviews on a topic of interest. The article should contain a broad, balanced and fair perspective of the topic, identifying trends and/or gaps in the literature or providing a new synthesis of existing literature. Reviews should be scientifically sound and should describe the most relevant and recent contributions.
- Mini-Review Article – A shorter form of a Review Article intended for a brief analysis of a focused topic on advances in the field. It discusses recent experimental research, highlights recent developments in fast-moving areas and suggests areas that require additional research.
- Communication – This format is intended for the presentation of brief observations that do not warrant full-length papers. An empirical report resulting from analysis of collected data to address one or more research questions and/or hypotheses.
Electronic Formats Allowed
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats:
> MS Word – standard DOCUMENT (.DOC)
> RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF)
> PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below).
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format.
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that PowerPoint files are not accepted.
Post-acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors should clearly indicate the location(s) of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
First-Time Submission of Manuscripts
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript to be suitable for publication in Science and Engineering of Composite Materials, why your paper will inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive academic discussion forward.
Organization of the Manuscript
We draw particular attention to the importance of carefully preparing the title, keywords and abstract, as these elements are indicators of the manuscript content in bibliographic databases and search engines.
We suggest the title should be informative, specific to the project, yet concise (75 characters or fewer). Please bear in mind that a title that is comprehensible to a broad academic audience and readers outside your field will attract a wider readership. Avoid specialist abbreviations and non-standard acronyms. Titles should not be presented in title case (words should not be capitalized). Please also provide a brief "running title" of not more than 50 characters.
Authors, Affiliations, Addresses
In the cover letter, provide the first names (or initials – if used), middle names (or initials – if used), and surnames for all authors. Affiliations should include:
- University or organization
- Postal code
- State/province (if applicable)
One of the authors should be designated as the corresponding author to whom inquiries regarding the paper should be directed. It is the corresponding author’s responsibility to ensure that the author list and the summary of the author contributions to the study are accurate and complete.
The abstract should not exceed 200 words. The abstract should give a summary of the content of the paper. Mention the main findings without going into methodological detail and summarize briefly the most important items of the paper. Because the abstract will be published separately by abstracting services, it must be complete and understandable without reference to the text.
List keywords for the work presented (maximum of 5), separated by commas. We suggest that keywords do not replicate those used in the title.
References should be listed and numbered in the order that they appear in the text. In the text, citations should be indicated by the reference number in brackets . Multiple citations within a single set of brackets should be separated by commas [1, 5]. Where there are more than three sequential citations, they should be given as a range [1-4]. References in figure captions and tables should be listed after the references in the text.
A complete reference should give the reader enough information to find the relevant article. Please pay particular attention to spelling, capitalization and punctuation.
Please use the following style for the reference list:
Kurdachenko L.A., Semko N.N., Subbotin I.Ya., The Leibniz algebras whose subalgebras are ideals, Open Math., 2017, 15, 92–100
Kurdachenko L.A., Semko N.N., Subbotin I.Ya., The Leibniz algebras whose subalgebras are ideals, Open Math.
Electronic Journal Articles
Dionne M.S., Schneider D.S., Screening the immune system. Genome Biology.
Books and book chapters
Gigli N. (Ed.), Measure Theory in Non-Smooth Spaces, 2017, De Gruyter Publishing Group.
Sambrook, J., Russell, D. W., Molecular cloning - a laboratory manual (3rd ed.), 2001, New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
Agutter A.J., Analysis of sigma factors in S. aureus (PhD thesis), 1995, Edinburgh: Edinburgh University.
Smith J., Brown P., Reference style guide, In: M. Scott (Ed.). Proceedings of Biochemical Society Conference. Paper presented at Biochemical Society Conference, (Warszawa, Poland), 2007, July 11-13, Warsaw: Versita, 1335-1791.
Sherwin A., The post-genomic era. 2007, July 16, The Times, 170 (3), 1-2. Dzierzanowski M., Horyzonty. 2007, July 8, Wprost, 18 (in Polish).
Formatting and Typesetting
All pages must be numbered consecutively. The whole text (including legends, footnotes, and references) should be formatted double-spaced with no hyphenation and automatic word-wrap (no hard returns within paragraphs). Please type your text consistently, e.g. take care to distinguish between ‘1’ (one), ‘I’ (capital I) and ‘l’ (lower-case L) and ‘0’ (zero) and ‘O’ (capital O), etc. Manuscript pages should have line numbers. The font size should be no smaller than 12 points.
Footnotes and endnotes should be avoided. Allowable footnotes/endnotes may include: the designation of the corresponding author of the paper, the current address of an author (if different from that shown in the affiliation), abbreviations and acronyms.
Symbols and abbreviations
The use of special symbols, abbreviations, and acronyms is permitted so long as they are defined upon first mention in the article.
Previously published by Freund Publishing House Ltd.
Abstracting & Indexing
Science and Engineering of Composite Materials is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Engineering Village
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polymer Library
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Current Contents/Engineering, Computing, and Technology
- Web of Science - Science Citation Index Expanded
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Suong V. Hoa; Montreal, QC
Editorial Advisory Board
Adhikari Sondipon, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom, UK
Aymerich Francesco, Università degli Studi di Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy Italy
Bacciocchi Michele, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Balazsi Csaba, Centre for Energy Research, Budapest, Hungary
Belouettar Salim, Alzette, Luxembourg
Bigoni Davide, University of Trento, Trento, Italy
Blanco Ignazio, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Catania, Italy
Brischetto Salvatore, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Camino Giovanni, Polytechnic of Turin, Alessandria, Italy
Cao Giacomo, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Carpinteri Andrea, Università degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italy
Da Silva Lucas, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Fantuzzi Nicholas, Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Fei Gao, University of Michigan, USA
Fraternali Fernando, Università di Salerno, Salerno, Italy
Greco Fabrizio, University of Calabria, Italy
Harris Vincent, Northeastern University, USA
Iafisco Michele, Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramic, National Research Council, Faenza, Italy
Lavorgna Marino, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Rome, Italy
Martinelli Enzo, Università di Salerno, Salerno, Italy
Minak Giangiacomo, Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Muccini Michele, Institute for the Study of Nanostructured Materials, Rome, Italy
Mustarelli Piercarlo, University of Milano, INSTM, Milan, Italy
Nguyen Dinh Duc, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam
Paggi Marco, Institutions Markets Technologies, Lucca, Italy
Pegoretti Alessandro, Università degli Studi di Trento, Trento, Italy
Peijs Ton, University of London, London, UK
Santos Helder, Helsingin Yliopisto, Helsinki, Finland
Ton That Minh Tan, National Research Council Canada, Ottawa ON, Canada
Tornabene Francesco, Universita del Salento, Lecce, Italy
Valente Teodoro, Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Vo Thuc, University of Northumbria, Newcastle, UK
Zappalorto Michele, Univerity of Padua, Padua, Italy
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15