Topological Algebra and its Applications
Ed. by Sanchis, Manuel
1 Issue per year
Mathematical Citation Quotient (MCQ) 2016: 0.20
The area of topological algebra and its applications is recently enjoying very fast development, with a great number of specialized conferences. Topological Algebra and its Applications is a fully peer-reviewed open access electronic journal that publishes original research articles on topological-algebraic structures. This journal is devoted to the publication of original high quality research papers of moderate length in all fields of the subject. The highest standards of contents of Topological Algebra and its Applications are guaranteed by members of the Editorial Advisory Board and invited external referees, all of them selected from the world prominent experts in this field.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
Topological Algebra and its Applications publishes original research articles on topological-algebraic structures, namely:
- Topological *-algebras,
- (para)topological groups,
- Topological semigroups,
- Semigroups of operators,
- Fuzzy topological algebras,
- Hilbert C*-modulus,
- Function spaces etc.,
and their applications to (abstract) topological dynamics, noncommutative probability, etc.
The journal also intends to disseminate results on applications of these structures to physics, computer science, economy, as well as other areas of mathematics.
Besides research papers, we publish short notes, surveys and issues focused on themes of current interest.
- The journal covers wide range of structures from functional analysis to fuzzy analysis and general topology.
- We are source of high quality research and survey papers authored by researchers from all over the world.
- Our peer-review process is streamlined, and papers can be published rapidly when necessary.
- We provide free language editing for individuals for whom English is not a first language.
- The journal is free for both readers and authors - there are no submission or publication fees.
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
researchers in the field of topological-algebraic structures
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/taa/. In case of problems, please contact the Editorial Office of this journal at email@example.com.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
The journal uses a closed single-blind peer review system (the names of the reviewers are hidden from the authors). Submitted manuscripts are reviewed by two or more experts. Reviewers are asked to recommend whether a manuscript should be accepted, revised or rejected. Although the journal uses the plagiarism detection system CrossCheck, reviewers should alert the editors if they suspect any issues relating to author misconduct such as plagiarism.
Reviewers are asked to provide detailed, constructive comments that will help both the editors make a decision on the publication and the author(s) to improve their manuscript. They should point out whether the work has serious flaws that preclude its publication, or whether additional experiments should be carried out or additional data should be collected to support the conclusions drawn.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Any articles that have been prepared in LaTeX will be accepted for review, but only in PDF format. Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in Topological Algebra and its Applications, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors .
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Topological Algebra and its Applications is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Mathematical Reviews (MathSciNet)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- The Polish Digital Mathematical Library (DML-PL)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
- Zentralblatt Math (zbMATH)
Manuel Sanchis, University Jaume I of Castelló, Spain
Editorial Advisory Board
Mati Abel, University of Tartu, Estonia
Taras Banakh, Lviv State University, Ukraine
Bachir Bekka, Rennes University, France
Dikran Dikranjan, University of Udine, Italy
Wiesław Kubiś, Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
Andrzej Łuczak, University of Lodz, Poland
Zinaida Lykova, Newcastle University, UK,
Kengo Matsumoto, Joetsu University of Education, Japan
Michael Megrelishvili, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
Mohammad Sal Moslehian, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
Rasoul Nasr-Isfahani, Isfahan University of Technology, Iran
Matthias Neufang, Carleton University, Canada
Salvador Romaguera, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
Mikhail Tkachenko, University Autonoma Metropolitana, México
Oscar Valero, Illes Balears University, Spain
Pedro Tirado, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15