1. Mitchell JG. “The Aero-propulsion Systems Test Facility”, AIAA Paper No. 72–1034, 7th Aerodynamic Testing Conference, Palo Alto, California, 1972.
2. Ashwood PF. An altitude test facility for large turbofan engines. J Aircraft 1973;10:468–74.Google Scholar
3. Mitchell JG. New Test Capability for Propulsion System Testing, AIAA Paper No. 73–1283, 9th Propulsion Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, 1973.
4. Polee RL. A Systems Description of the Aeropropulsion Systems Test Facility (ASTF), AEDC-TMR–82–E59.
5. Wantland EC. Turbine Engine Operability Test and Evaluation Techniques, AIAA Paper No. 91–2277, 27th Joint Propulsion Conference, Sacramento, CA, 1991.
6. Cooper G, Phares W. CFD Applications in Test Facility, AIAA Paper No. 90–2003, 26th Joint Propulsion Conference, Orlando, FL, 1990.
7. Ferrell J, Harvey RW. Simulated Altitude Testing in The USAF Engine Test Facility, SAE Technical Paper 560084, 1956.
8. Duesterhaus DA, Maywald PV. Free-jet Test Capability for the Aeropropulsion Systems Test Facility, AIAA Paper No. 89–2537, 25th Joint Propulsion Conference, Monterey, CA, 1989.
9. Kevin Raymond Holst. A Method for Performance Analysis of a Ramjet Engine in a Free-jet Test Facility and Analysis of Performance Uncertainty Contributors. Maters. Thesis, 2012. Available at: http://trace.tennessee.edu/utk_gradthes/1163/.Google Scholar
10. Beale DK. Evaluation of a Free-jet Technique for Testing Fighter Aircraft Propulsion System, AIAA Paper No. 86–1460, 22nd Joint Propulsion Conference, Huntsville, Alabama, 1986.
11. “Propulsion Wind Tunnel Facility”, http://www.arnold.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=13714
12. Beale DK. Development and Validation of a Free-jet Technique for Inlet-Engine Compatibility Testing, AIAA Paper No. 92–3921, 17th Aerospace Ground Testing Conference, Nashville, TN, 1992.
13. Maywald PV, Beale DK. Development of a Freejet Capability for Evaluating Inlet-Engine Compatibility, ASME 91-GT–401.
14. Beale DK, Kelly PG. Subscale Validation of a Freejet Inlet-Engine Test Capability, AIAA Paper No. 93–2179, 29th Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, Monterey, CA, 1993.
15. Maywald PV. C-2 Subsonic Freejet Development and Demonstration, AIAA Paper No. 93–2180, 29th Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, Monterey, CA, 1993.
16. Klepper J, Sisk S. Development of a Facility Simulator for Implementation of an Automated Control System, AIAA Paper No. 2002–2785, 22nd Aerodynamic Measurement Technology and Ground Testing Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, 2002.
17. Luppold RH, Meisner R. Design and Evaluation of an Auto-Tuning Control System for an Altitude Test Facility, Asme International Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Congress and Exhibition. 1999:V004T04A003.
18. Fathy HK, Filipi ZS. Review of hardware-in-the-loop simulation and its prospects in the automotive area. Proc SPIE 2006;6228:1–20.Google Scholar
19. Bradley TH, Moffitt BA. Hardware-in-the-loop testing of a fuel cell aircraft powerplant. J Propul Power 2009;25:1336–44.Google Scholar
20. Ledin JA. Hardware-in-the-loop simulation. Embedded Syst Program 1999;12:42–62.Google Scholar
21. Montazeri-Gh M, Nasiri M, Jafari S. Real-time multi-rate HIL simulation platform for evaluation of a jet engine fuel controller. Simul Modell Pract Theory 2001;19:996–1006.Google Scholar
About the article
Published Online: 2015-08-08
Published in Print: 2016-12-01
Funding: This work was supported by the Funding of the Jiangsu Innovation Program for Graduate Education (No. KYLX_0305), and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51176075)