Waste Treatment and Recovery
Formerly Liquid Waste Recovery
Aims and Scope
Waste Treatment and Recovery aiming to be one of the world's leading environmental oriented academic journal in the field of publishing new results in the areas of research, developments, practical solutions, and industrial case studies about the recovery, recycling, and reuse of precious and/or environmental polluting wastes arising in the practice of research and industrial production. The journal is interested also in the publication of new results in the treatment solutions of process waste with biological and/or physicochemical tools where materials can be recovered for reutilization.
All papers are rigorously peer-reviewed to ensure highest academic quality and technical relevance.
Potential readers are scientists, practitioners and public bodies representatives (for example environmental protection agencies) carrying out research and/or interested in environmental protection, and efficient utilization of natural resources.
Why subscribe and read
Waste Treatment and Recovery is a peer-reviewed, electronic-only journal that publishes original, high-quality research results and/or innovative industrial solutions on topics broadly related to environmental protection treatment, including also process waste treatment with biological and/or physicochemical tools, that aims at recycling and reuse of material saving environment and natural resources. Wastes can arise everywhere in the research, industry or production.
The journal focuses, in particular, on environmental protection oriented field for research and practice like industrial chemistry, industrial ecology, chemical and environmental process engineering, material sciences, biotechnology aiming at waste and waste water treatment.
The journal will promote and spread knowledge on waste recovery through the publication of high quality peer-reviewed papers focusing on the following aspects:
Traditional and new application areas for efficient use of waste materials, their recovery and reutilization saving environment and natural resources. Process waste water treatment with biological and/or physiochemical tools.
New process concept, paradigm and integration for the completion of solvent and other liquid material recovery.
Reliability, quality, and cost reduction of processes and technologies applied for recovery aims.
Application in research areas and process industries aiming at solvent, waste water, and other waste recovery and treatment.
This is an open-access journal which will give your readers instant free access to your latest developments and will ensure that your research is widely read, publicized and quoted. In the initial period, the journal will attract authors by fast, fair and comprehensive peer-review. From the beginning it will also have prominent researchers in its Advisory Board. An additional incentive is that for the first two years of publication the open access publication fees are waived for all authors. The readers of this open-access journal will be informed about the newest results and achievements in the area of Waste Treatment and Recovery.
The journal offers fast, fair and constructive peer review, quick publication upon acceptance and long-time preservation of the contents.
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Closed for submissions
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
- Vision Papers
- Letters to the Editor and Amendments
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in the journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files, if there is more than one
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below)
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted
Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production.
Any articles that have been prepared in LaTeX will be accepted for review, but only in PDF format. Post acceptance, text files of the revised manuscript and tables are required for use in the production. Authors are encouraged to use De Gruyter Open LaTeX template file.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Abstracting & Indexing
Waste Treatment and Recovery is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Polymer Library
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)