Waves, Wavelets and Fractals
1 Issue per year
Waves, Wavelets and Fractals is an Open Access Interdisciplinary Journal aiming to cover a broad range of multiscale phenomena over different domains. The continued emergence of challenging problems, across almost all branches of Engineering, Mathematics and Physics, whether applied or theoretical, demands suitable interdisciplinary models, mathematical analysis and computational algorithms. This journal has been created as a partial fulfilment of this scientific need. Fundamental and applicative problems include, but are not limited to, linear and nonlinear phenomena, non-regular domains, fractal and disordered domains, singular domains, Fourier analysis, signal analysis, image analysis, wavelets, self-similar sets, stochastic phenomena and systems, time series and complex networks.
As a forum for scholarly sharing and exchange of state-of-the-art advances, the journal publishes results relevant to the above topics by using theoretical and computational tools based on waves, wavelets and fractals description. In particular, Waves, Wavelets and Fractals welcomes submissions reporting scientific and technological advances in disciplines as:
- Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science: equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical physics, Dynamical Systems, Topological and Dynamical Complexity, Chaos, Mathematical Analysis, Geometry and Topology, Numerical and Computational Analysis; Cryptography, Pattern Recognition, Image Analysis, Computer Vision, quantum mechanics, Gravitational Waves, Relativity, Electromagnetism and Communication Theory, Scattering Theory, Information Theory;
- Interdisciplinary Applications and Emerging Technologies: Nano-technology, Quantum Devices, Composite Materials, Fluids, Genomics, Physiology, Economics, Finance and Market, Data Science, Internet Science, Environment Science, Neuroscience, Quantum Computation, Advanced Manufacturing, Topological materials, Time crystals.
Aims and Scope
Waves, Wavelets and Fractals intends to become a hub integrating the relevant research community and is a natural publishing option for authors focusing on all the interdisciplinary topics connected to waves, wavelets and fractals (see the scope for a detailed description).
The journal provides:
- Publication of original research articles, reviews and news
- International forum for the dissemination of research results
- Fast, fair and constructive review provided by internationally recognized peers
- No publication fees for the first two years
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Scholars in all the interdisciplinary fundamental and applied research areas above mentioned
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/wwfaa. In case of problems, please contact the Editorial Office of this journal at WWF.email@example.com.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium;
- be scientifically sound and focused on the main scope of the journal;
- be clearly and correctly written thus containing all the essential features of a scientific publication addressed to the broadest audience;
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper;
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal accepts the following publication formats:
- Research Articles
- Communications and Rapid Communications
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in WWF, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by)
- full title of article and short title
- full list of authors with affiliations and emails
- e-mail of the corresponding author
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author
- number of attached files and type (manuscript, figures, videos)
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted)
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted provided the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
Manuscripts have to be written in LATEX, AMS-TEX, AMS-LATEX. We do not accept papers in Plain TEX format. If additionally a PDF file is supplied, the peer review process will be speed up. Authors are encouraged to submit the final version of the paper using the De Gruyter Open LATEX template.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Conflict of interest declaration
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors are encouraged to fill in the ICMJE Conflicts of Interest Form (available here) and send it in the electronic format to the Journal Editor.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the journal webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Waves, Wavelets and Fractals is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- The Polish Digital Mathematical Library (DML-PL)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Anna Carbone, Technical University of Turin, Italy
Editorial Advisory Board
Carlo Bianca, Sorbonne Universités, UPMC, France
Anirban Chakraborti, School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
Matthias Ehrhardt, Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Germany
Alex Hansen, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
Maria do Rosário Grossinho, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
Davron Matrasulov, Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Sergei Silvestrov, Mälardalen University, Sweden
Theodore E. Simos, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia; Ural Federal University, Russian Federation; TEI of Sterea Hellas, Greece; Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
Hari M. Srivastava, University of Victoria, Canada
Johar M. Ashfaque, University of Liverpool, UK
Suhair Tawfiq Al-Salah, Qatar
DE GRUYTER Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland