|Bookworm|||||Books and publications hot off the press.|
See also www.iupac.org/publications
Green Chemistry Education
P. Tundo and T. Patti (eds.)
INCA, 2001 (ISBN 88-88214-00-5)
|The "Floating Tree" by F. Tundo is the illustration that appears on the book cover of Green Chemistry Education.|
This book is the result of the joint IUPAC/OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) Workshop on Green Chemistry Education held in Venice in September 2001. The first section of the book deals with the following five topics:
- existing government and industry programs (R&D, awards, information, tools, etc.) useful for incorporating green chemistry into the education systems
- existing green chemistry educational materials, tools, initiatives, and sources
- educational areas that address green chemistry education
- elaboration and carrying out the green chemistry educational programs/projects with new educational materials/tools
- commitments and recommendations necessary to carry out green chemistry educational programs
The second section is a comprehensive listing of available green chemistry education resources, organized by categories such as literature, journal articles specific to green chemistry education, lecture courses (not degree courses), Web-based materials, software-based tools, public awareness materials, exchange programs, generic funding resources, industrial resources, and national and international competitions that promote green chemistry.
The third section is devoted to a survey and its results. It gives an overview of the needs and the expectations of the worldwide organizations present at the workshop and operating in the field of green chemistry education.
The report is free to download from <helios.unive.it/inca/pubblicazioni.htm>. Printed copies are available upon request.