Wörterbuch deutscher Präpositionen
Die Verwendung als Anschluss an Verben, Substantive, Adjektive und Adverbien
[Dictionary of German Prepositions]
- The prepositions used in collocation with over 5,500 verbs, nouns, adjectives and adverbs.
- Numerous examples provide practical help in doubtful cases.
- Particularly recommended for those teaching or learning the German language.
Aims and Scope
Those who learn German as a foreign language – and even native speakers – are often unsure which preposition should be used with a particular word (e.g. “Stolz auf/ über”; “Abneigung vor/ gegen”). Such collocations tend to be poorly covered in German dictionaries. This dictionary is the first to provide comprehensive coverage of German words in connection with their possible prepositions. It is designed for practical use and includes a large number of examples. It is a descriptive, and not a prescriptive, dictionary – a dictionary showing learners how to produce collocations and showing teachers how to correct them.
- lxiii, 3116 pages
- Type of Publication:
- German Language; Prepositions; Lexicography; Dictionaries; Text Linguistics
- Lecturers and Students of German language, Institutes, Libraries