Show Summary Details
Decision Making under Interval Uncertainty
Aims and Scope
This book is about how to make decisions - mathematically based. These are the topics in focus:
- How to elicit user's preferences.
- How to select the best alternatives.
- Which characteristics should we select when describing probabilities?
- The need for interval uncertainty.
- Decision making under interval uncertainty: straightforward approach, remaining problems, solution.
- What if we cannot even elicit interval-valued uncertainty: symmetry approach.
- Questions beyond optimization.