Krech, Eva-Maria / Stock, Eberhard / Hirschfeld, Ursula / Anders, Lutz-Christian
[German Pronunciation Dictionary]
With contrib. by Wiesinger, Peter / Haas, Walter / Hove, Ingrid
- Standard work of German pronunciation
- Contains about 150,000 entries
- Provides a detailed introduction to phonetics and transcription and numerous graphics and info boxes
- Additional material accessible online
Aims and Scope
The Deutsche Aussprachewörterbuch [German Pronunciation Dictionary] is the new standard reference work on German standard pronunciation. It provides reliable information on German pronunciation, giving the standard that today most German speakers use and consider the norm. The dictionary has about 150,000 entries and is supplemented bynumerous info boxes to explain the basic phonetic rules and pronunciation features of German. The book also contains an introduction with details on the vocabulary treated in the book, the phonetic principles and und pronunciation rules and the phonostilistic differentiation.
Audio examples of the presented phenomena can be accessed via De Gruyter’s platformReference Global.
- 24 x 17 cm
- xi, 1076 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Academics, Institutes, Libraries, Students, Acting Schools, Professional Speakers, Speech Therapists