New materials and technologies
Kula, Daniel / Ternaux, Élodie
The Creative Industry's Guide to Materials and Technologies
Together with Hirsinger, Quentin
Koproduktion mit Frame Publishers, Amsterdam
UK Trade Customers- order print books via Marston Book Services trade.orders@Marston.co.uk UK Individual Customers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comprehensive material collection in easy-to-understand language and attractive design
- Affordable soft cover edition of the successful hard cover edition
- A must-have for everyone in the creative industries
Aims and Scope
Materiology is directed at all those who are interested in materials and in working with materials: from architects, production designers, and stylists to artists: a handbook for students and new professionals as well as for experienced professionals, written in a clear, understandable style.
In four chapters, Materiology offers an overview of the different kinds, processing, and use of materials:
1. Material families: from wood, metal, and plastics to light.
2. Material catalog: over 120 material cards, from basic materials to the latest innovations.
3. Processes: The basics of material processing (spray molds, extrusion, and so on) are presented in a clear manner using numerous diagrams.
4. Thinking ahead: from new processing and use possibilities to questions concerning environmental protection and virtual reality.
A prospectus addresses the issues that will be relevant in the future for material development and material use.
The second edition has a further 18 material cards and focuses on the challenges of sustainability in design and architecture.
- 29.5 x 20.0 cm
- 380 pages
- Type of Publication: