Villars, Pierre / Cenzual, Karin / Gladyshevskii, Roman
- Affordable overview of 100 years of literature in one volume
- Over 100 000 distinct inorganic substances at one glance
- Data from over 72 000 scientific articles published in more than 1000 different journals
- Yearly updates containing old and recent data (each new edition extended by data on some 5000 distinct phases)
- No comparable product available on the market
Aims and Scope
Since the discovery of X-ray diffraction in 1913 over 100 000 different inorganic substances (also called compounds or phases) have been structurally characterized. The information has been published in some 200 000 publication spread over more than 1 000 different scientific journals.
The aim of this reference work is to provide the researcher with a comprehensive compilation of all up to now crystallographically identified inorganic substances in only one volume.
All data have been processed and critically evaluated by the "Pauling File" editorial team using a unique software package. Each substance is represented in a single row containing information adapted to the number of chemical elements.
- xiv, 1877 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Reference Work
- Crystallography, Inorganic Chemistry, Inorganic Substances, Materials Science