Europäische Charta der Regional- oder Minderheitensprachen
Ein Handbuch zur Sprachpolitik des Europarats
[European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages]
Ed. by Lebsanft, Franz / Wingender, Monika
- Provides thorough documentation of multilingualism in 25 European countries.
- Presents the current status of regional and minority languages in the context of European unification processes and new nationalisms.
- Undertakes an analysis of the interplay between the most important actors in language policy at the international and national level (i.e. the Council of Europe, national governments, NGOs).
Aims and Scope
The Council of Europe’s “European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages” is in effect in 25 nations today. This guide systematically describes the status of language policy in these countries, and how the charter is being applied.
- viii, 445 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Reference Work
- Ethnic Minorities; Legislation; Language Planning; Language Policy
- Linguists, Politicians, Non-governmental Organizations for Minority Languages, Libraries, Institutes