Manual of Galician Linguistics
Ed. by Sousa, Xulio / González Seoane, Ernesto
Series:Manuals of Romance Linguistics 19
- comprehensive and accessible overview of the current situation of the Galician language
- covers all areas of linguistic research
- rich in descriptive detail and grounded in modern linguistic theory
Aims and Scope
The Manual of Galician Linguistics provides a comprehensive and accessible overview of the current situation of the Galician language and introduces its readers to the most important topics of current linguistic research on Galician. This volume includes chapters covering diachronic and synchronic descriptions of all main areas of language structure (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and lexicology), as well chapters on social and regional variation, language contact, sociolinguistics, language variation and other interesting areas of linguistic research. The chapters are rich in descriptive detail and grounded in modern linguistic theory.
This manual will be an essential research tool for students and researchers who are interested in the Galician language and in Romance linguistics.
- Approx. 600 pages
- 15 Fig.
- Type of Publication:
- Reference Work
- Galician Language; Language Contact
- Romanisten, Sprachwissenschaftler, BIbliotheken, Institute