Applied graphic design
Gestaltet im Auftrag von ... / Designed in commission of ...
Gespräche über Graphik Design / Conversations on Graphic Design
Ed. by Damm, Marc
- Dealing with clients in terms of graphic design
- Designer Stefan Sagmeister and his colleagues in personal conversation
- Three generations speak openly about how graphic design is perceived and is has developed
Aims and Scope
What Stefan Sagmeister talks about in a Viennese coffee house, what Mangalica pigs have to do with good design, and everything that was better before, or at least, not as bad. In ten interviews with clients, Carlos Toledo, Eva Dertschei, Tino Erben, Martha Stutteregger, Stefan Sagmeister and Anita Kern report on their personal experiences with commissions and clients, and provide insight into their individual work processes.
Inthis dialogue bookthree generations of graphic designers, all of which studied at the University of Applied Arts Vienna, speak openly about their experiences. With additional text contributions by Erik Spiekermann, Erwin K. Bauer, and Christian Reder, and others.
- 332 pages
- Many colored illustrations
- German, English
- Type of Publication:
- Dialogue; Graphic design
- Designers, students, all professionals and laypersons interested in design