World Guide to Libraries 2016
- 31st ed.
- Publication Date:
- August 2016
- Copyright year:
- Includes all library types covering the whole world
- Addresses, library head, details of holdings, special collections, membership of national or international organizations etc.
- Up to date information due to extensive editorial research
Aims and Scope
The 31st edition of the comprehensive World Guide to Libraries contains current addresses and detailed information on the holdings of a total of approx. 42,500 libraries in more than 200 countries. Covered are
- national libraries,
- academic libraries,
- university libraries including specialized and institute libraries,
- school and college libraries,
- the libraries of authorities, churches and companies,
- special libraries of other patronage and
- public libraries.
Besides contact details, entries include information regarding inter-library lending, library director, book, periodical and manuscript holdings, special holdings, areas of collection and much more.
The eBookPLUS format comprises the content and search criteria of the printed edition and its indices, facilitating complex searches.