Digital art as Synesthesia
A Model for the Aesthetics of Digital Art
Ed. by Gsöllpointner, Katharina / Schnell, Ruth / Schuler, Romana Karla
UK Trade Customers- order print books via Marston Book Services trade.orders@Marston.co.uk
UK Individual Customers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multidisciplinary compendium of digital synesthesia in multimedia art
- New findings on the perception of digital art
- Impressive presentation of scientific and artistic projects
Aims and Scope
The publication is a compilation of the results of the artistic DIGITAL SYNESTHESIA research project (2013-2016) and, for the first time, introduces a comprehensive compendium under the title "Digital synesthesia". "Digital synesthesia" is a completely new concept of the digital arts in the 21st century that combines the multimedia esthetics of digital art based on binary code with the multi-modality of synesthesia as a form of perception.
With the term "digital synesthesia" the publishers not only give this new phenomenon a name. Contributions from well-known media and arts theorists, media artists and neuroscientists present exciting accounts of the research into the possibilities of synesthetic perception of multimedia digital works of art.
- 200 pages
- numerous color illustrations
- Type of Publication:
- Specialists interested in digital art, art theory, and the neural and cognitive sciences