Materielle und leibliche Praktiken im virtuellen Finanzhandel
[Nervous Markets: Material and Physical Practices in Virtual Financial Trading]
Series:Qualitative Soziologie 22
- Offers ethnographic insights about the world of financial trading
- Examines the role of digital media in day-to-day knowledge work in financial economics
- Gestural and emotional practices in communicating prices and decisions
Aims and Scope
For the first time, the book offers ethnographic insights about embodied knowledge practices in the highly technologized world of financial trading. In the imposing technological shadow of computer screens, the study observes the gestural and emotional practices in communicating prices and decisions. The rhythm of the digital marketplace is a world of constant watching and listening, of gesticulation and shouting, of feeling and deciding.
- 24.0 x 17.0 cm
- Includes a print version and an ebook
- 8 Fig.
- DE GRUYTER OLDENBOURG
- Type of Publication:
- Researchers and students of financial and economic sociology